Travis

Big Brother bother
Darran
Darran Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 11:14 AM Quote
Quote:
Big Bro Housemate Axed Over Race Slur
Updated: 10:12, Thursday June 07, 2007

A Big Brother housemate has been booted out by Channel 4 after using a racially offensive word.

Contestant Emily Parr was removed from the house in the early hours of this morning after using the word "nigger".

Emily was dancing with Charley and Nicky in the living room of the Big Brother house at approximately 8.30pm last night.

She was heard to say "Are you pushing it out you nigger?" to Charley.

Emily immediately made clear that she had not intended to offend and that the comment had been meant as a joke.

In discussing what she had said, Charley and Nicky agreed that they were not personally offended, although both did express shock at the language she had used.

In the ensuing discussion, Emily acknowledged that she should have been more careful with her words.

Angela Jain, who heads the Big Brother commissioning team at Channel 4, said: "I think people watching the show tonight will agree that Emily spoke carelessly rather than maliciously.

"She understands why her involvement in Big Brother has had to come an end and she very much regrets what she said.

"In the wake of Celebrity Big Brother we must consider the potential offence to viewers regardless of Emily's intentions and her housemates' response.

"The word nigger is clearly racially offensive and there was no justification for its use. We have removed Emily from the house to once again make it clear to all housemates and the viewers at home that such behaviour won't be tolerated."

Re: Big Brother bother
1/3 of Suggestive Leg
1/3 of Suggestive Leg Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 11:27 AM Quote
Was she the Tory toff? I hope so. She deserves a slapping.

Joe
Joe Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 11:42 AM Quote
Am I the only one who thinks the Channel 4 editing team should be lined up against a wall?

EDIT: Not thinking of the BB episode, more of the other ones (Diana photos, etc.).

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 11:54 AM Quote
I don't understand that - in the one with that weird guy "Victor" or whatever his name was, not only did he constantly steal material from films and carry it off as his own 'work', and say a bunch of retarded things, you barely had a break from him saying "nigger"...they didn't care then...

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 11:58 AM Quote
Ohhhh the drama! Thanks Darran for keeping me updated!!! lol just heard it on the radio and was like WHAT? I quite liked her, thought she was a bit normal that was until she started shouting her mouth of regarding chanelle and the bed thing!lol

:-)

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 12:14 PM Quote
She is daddys little princess.

I quiet liked her as she just stirred shit and made Victoria Beckham wannabe cry over hair straightners and called her a slut.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 12:25 PM Quote

Who gives a fuck, get a life,

The Sun is shining get outside and enjoy it.

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 12:29 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I guess you have a laptop????? (or a job;))

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 12:31 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

hehe, I have a laptop but it's set up inside, I just check it periodically I've been out cutting the grass this morning for example.

*edit* I have a job starting Monday so I'm making the most of it at the moment as you'll be seeing a lot less of me next week...

"who said thank feck for that?!!"

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 1:00 PM Quote
Shame , she has a nice arse , no point in watching it now LOL

P.S If you are offended by what i have just written TOUGH an apology will not be coming your way :)

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 1:34 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Shame , she has a nice arse , no point in watching it now LOL

P.S If you are offended by what i have just written TOUGH an apology will not be coming your way :)

Is this board playing tricks again or did i just missed the link? And for all it matters, saying someone has a nice arse does NOT qualify as a offencive remark,lol In fact it should be printed and hung next to a mirror:)

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 1:37 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

hehe, I have a laptop but it's set up inside, I just check it periodically I've been out cutting the grass this morning for example.

*edit* I have a job starting Monday so I'm making the most of it at the moment as you'll be seeing a lot less of me next week...

"who said thank feck for that?!!"

Not me, not me....

Ok ok it WAS me;)
Congrats on the job though! And i was wondering if you could come over and cut my lawn as well?

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 6:35 PM Quote
2 days in Amsterdam and tv mayhem! (first Apprentice twists, now this!!!)

C4 couldn't risk keeping in someone who makes that kind of comment, even as a joke, after the celeb bb fiasco. They'd lose yet another sponsor if nothing else. But the reality is they'd be bombarded by complaints from viewers.

The stupidity of that girl!!!!

ps. Thanks for reminding me why I hate BB!!!

cosmicwonder
cosmicwonder Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 12:02 AM Quote
hmm ... jurys out with me like ...

I think she shouldn't have said it but I dont feel the poor lass was kinda stitched up by that charley woman ... and it wasn't meant to come across that way ....

the sad reality of racism is everybody picks up when a white person uses language which can be condoned as racially offensive towards a black person HOWEVER no one picks up when a black person uses language which is considered racially offensive towards a white person ...

Edel
Edel Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 12:13 AM Quote
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=196148242

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/edel/icon_rolleyes.gif

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:07 PM