Travis

I Believe! The New X Files Movie
steeler62
steeler62 Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 1:19 AM Quote
Being a fan of the show and spending the last month re watching the last 9 seasons i was ready for the new movie and it did not disapoint. It wwas great to see the two detectives back at work even if it wasnt chasing aliens. The movie is awsome and I would recomend it. The acting reminds me of old times and makes me want to see new adventures and the music by mark Snow is great. If you want to believe go see this film.

Re: I Believe! The New X Files Movie
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 1:31 AM Quote
steeler62 wrote:
Being a fan of the show and spending the last month re watching the last 9 seasons i was ready for the new movie and it did not disapoint. It wwas great to see the two detectives back at work even if it wasnt chasing aliens. The movie is awsome and I would recomend it. The acting reminds me of old times and makes me want to see new adventures and the music by mark Snow is great. If you want to believe go see this film.

If you want to believe in a formulated, predictable, hyped piece of crap made solely to dig the last remaining coppers from a dying idea...

Dubz

steeler62
steeler62 Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 3:24 AM Quote
Why are you mean? I wasnt asking what you thought. I just thought i would mention that I enjoyed the film and if any body was interesting in seeing a movie with great and classic characters. So please don't think you have the right to make fun of movies I like. So please let me believe and keep your opinions to yourself.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 4:21 AM Quote
I loved the X-Files! I think it was a really exciting, well-written show with great characters. I've always really liked David Duchovny. Never saw any of the movies, but I might check it out. Thanks for the little review.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 4:31 AM Quote
Does this one have the whole "alien" factor in it?

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 4:42 AM Quote
I want to know if you have to remember anything from the series...because I don't! It's been a really long time. I used to be a big X-files fan, but my memory retention powers are not that strong.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 5:33 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
I want to know if you have to remember anything from the series...because I don't! It's been a really long time. I used to be a big X-files fan, but my memory retention powers are not that strong.

Same here! I was a big fan back in the day. I never missed a show, but there were so many different characters and story lines I'm sure I'd get really confused.

steeler62
steeler62 Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 6:17 AM Quote
No. The movie has nothing to do with the alien theory, this is a stand alone film that dives into the relationship of Mulder and Scully.

elfy
elfy Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 11:18 AM Quote
steeler62 wrote:
Why are you mean? I wasnt asking what you thought. I just thought i would mention that I enjoyed the film and if any body was interesting in seeing a movie with great and classic characters. So please don't think you have the right to make fun of movies I like. So please let me believe and keep your opinions to yourself.

Not being funny pal, but it's a public forum. The whole point is that people give their opinions. You can't expect everyone to agree with you.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 11:56 AM Quote
steeler62 wrote:

Who do you think you are !!!

This is a forum designed for people to share there opinions.

If you want to take umbridge at the fact that I think a certain way about something you obviously hold so dear (it's a film for fuck's sake), then fuck you that's your problem not mine.

btw, I probably could have phrased the original post better but I wasn't being mean, I was merely stating the opinion that like most TV Drama/Thrillers (contridiction in terms) these days it is formulated, you can usually tell what is going to happen right at the start. I feel that once you have seen one episode of the X Files/Lost/24/CSI etc. etc. you don't have to watch another, the same thing is gonna happen over and over again, He discovers something Paranormal, No-one believes him, he digs deeper, someone starts to believe, the evidence is buried,... is that how it goes more or less ???

Dubz

p.s. I'm honestly glad you enjoyed the movie, if it's your thing and you got something from it then good for you.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 6:16 PM Quote
I used to be a big X-Files fan in my junior days but got fed up as they dragged things on and on and on. Think I watched part of another x-files movie but fell asleep. Just didn't appeal to me. This new movie would prob be something I would watch on a BORED weekend.....hired dvd joby!

Unfortunately like Dubz says they do get VERY predictable and bland coz you know what's coming! :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:20 PM