Travis

Podcasts!!!!
Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 8:11 PM Quote
Do you subscride to a Podcast and if so what?

I'm curious and quite new to this.

I have had Chris Moyles podcast from Radio One (very funny) and now have KCRW (after the whole Travis song on there, I kinda found I loved listening to Nic Harcourt's voice and there's some good stuff on there).

Can you recommend good podcast to others?

:)

Re: Podcasts!!!!
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 8:30 PM Quote
This American Life...the best! with Ira Glass...
Here's the little Information thingy they do on iTunes:

Official free, weekly podcast of the award-winning radio show "This American Life." First-person stories and short fiction pieces that are touching, funny, and surprising. Hosted by Ira Glass, from WBEZ Chicago Public Radio. In mp3 and updated Mondays.

Also WNYC's Radiolab. This has great stories, but they add science to it...it's really good.

On Radio Lab, science meets culture and information sounds like music. Each episode of Radio LabĀ® is an investigation -- a patchwork of people, sounds, stories and experiences centered around One Big Idea. Hosted by Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich, Radio Lab is produced by WNYC public radio.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 8:36 PM Quote
Ohhhhhh thanks Sandy :)

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 8:37 PM Quote
WOXY Lounge Acts!!!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 8:45 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Ohhhhhh thanks Sandy :)

Oh, here's a link for This American Life

They have a tv show now...and I forgot to mention this when I saw it...they did a show about John Smith or people named John Smith...all different ages. Don't think this was on a podcast, but the episode was amazing. Made me think of J.Smith, obviously. Here's the description:

The story of one life, told through the lives of people from all over the country, all named John Smith. Baby John Smith is 11 weeks old, in South Carolina, and his parents are still reeling from the sonograms that all predicted he would be a girl. By the time he's 23, John Smith in Laramie, Wyoming, has made some mistakes and is appearing in front of a judge. At 46, he's in Texas, welcoming his oldest son back from Iraq. In-depth portraits of people growing up, growing old, and figuring out how to be fathers, husbands, and men in America today.

And here's
RadioLab

Darran
Darran Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 8:47 PM Quote
Ooooh, I have a podcast heading onto the airwaves VERY soon.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 9:55 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Ooooh, I have a podcast heading onto the airwaves VERY soon.

Cool, you'll have to let us know when.
What's it gonna be about? Photography?

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:35 PM