Travis

I am going to puncture my own eardrums...
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 4:55 PM Quote
...if I have to hear that "Kidz Bop" commercial one more time! What are they up to now, 14 of those nauseating albums? They advertise it every twenty minutes on Nickelodeon, I swear!

And while I'm on the subject of puncturing my eardrums, is it everywhere or just in Michigan that they play "All Summer Long" twice an hour? A song that has to rely on not just one, but TWO rip-offs? Pa-lease!

Re: I am going to puncture my own eardrums...
minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 5:00 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
...if I have to hear that "Kidz Bop" commercial one more time! What are they up to now, 14 of those nauseating albums? They advertise it every twenty minutes on Nickelodeon, I swear!

And while I'm on the subject of puncturing my eardrums, is it everywhere or just in Michigan that they play "All Summer Long" twice an hour? A song that has to rely on not just one, but TWO rip-offs? Pa-lease!

Is that the Kid Rock song? I had no idea it was him at first. I havent heard it in a few days but im pretty sure i heard it 5 times last weekend.
It does say "Michigan" in the song, so maybe the radio is just trying to make you feel pride to your home state. And by "pride" i mean, wantining to puncture your own ear drums!

And Kidz Pop. Are they the stupid kids singing pop songs? I dont hear it too often, but i guess you are forced into watching kid's stations a lot since you are a mom.

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 5:03 PM Quote
Anything that is spelled "Kidz" with a "Z" has to be awful.

Reminds me of when I had to look after my Nephew and was forced to watch the little kids channels... Torture!!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 5:04 PM Quote
oh for real kayte!!! i hate those commercials! i don't think my kids would want to sing along to kids covering a song by beyonce or whoever is on this latest one!

LAME!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 5:11 PM Quote
Right there with you Kayte. The commercials are horrible. I could laugh at some of the songs they choose and have kids singing if I didn't have to see those commercials every 26 seconds when my kids are watching TV.

For those who wish to punish themselves:
http://www.kidzbop.com/

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 5:11 PM Quote
Anything that is aimed at 'tweens is terrible.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 5:26 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

ok i just you tubed 'all summer long'.....i'm glad i subscribe to the ipod phenomenon cuz i had not heard this!

....awful! just awful!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 5:29 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

ok i just you tubed 'all summer long'.....i'm glad i subscribe to the ipod phenomenon cuz i had not heard this!

....awful! just awful!

Is it really necessary to steal Sweet Home Alabama and Werewolves of London for one song? Some musicians make up their own songs, so I've been told.
Like Kristy said, maybe they just play it here 20 times a day because of the line "It was summertime in northern Michigan."

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 5:35 PM Quote
I had no idea what that horrid song was called. "All Summer Long" is one of the biggest pieces of turd I've heard in a long time.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 5:36 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I had no idea what that horrid song was called. "All Summer Long" is one of the biggest pieces of turd I've heard in a long time.

They're trying very hard to make it THE song of the summer here.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 5:37 PM Quote
it made me laugh when i heard it bc it was on a very adult contemporary kinda channel. and the song is pretty much about teenagers smoking weed and having sex.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 5:38 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Like Kristy said, maybe they just play it here 20 times a day because of the line "It was summertime in northern Michigan."

Don't know if it'll work but you could call and point out the Detroit is actually in southern Michigan. Just to rain on their parade.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 5:40 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
it made me laugh when i heard it bc it was on a very adult contemporary kinda channel. and the song is pretty much about teenagers smoking weed and having sex.

Oh, and in true Kidz Bop fashion, they censor the song on certain stations. On most stations they let it play, "We were trying different things and we were smoking funny things," and on other stations it's "We were trying different things, and we were trying funny things."

EDIT: And there's no way you could be making love outdoors by a lake in northern Michigan. The bugs would devour you in about two seconds.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 5:50 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Oh, and in true Kidz Bop fashion, they censor the song on certain stations. On most stations they let it play, "We were trying different things and we were smoking funny things," and on other stations it's "We were trying different things, and we were trying funny things."

EDIT: And there's no way you could be making love outdoors by a lake in northern Michigan. The bugs would devour you in about two seconds.

Hahaha. You should also tell that to the radio DJs!
trying different things AND trying funny things! haha, what a great edit!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 6:00 PM Quote
I am going to puncture my own eardrums if I have to hear this again. This song's everywhere :/, HELP!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:46 PM