Travis

Scottish Devolution...
DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 06 Jun, 2007 12:44 PM Quote
What do we think of the imminent detatchment from our counterparts?

Re: Scottish Devolution...
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 06 Jun, 2007 12:50 PM Quote

I think it's Fucking Great !!!

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 06 Jun, 2007 12:55 PM Quote
What makes you think its imminent?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 06 Jun, 2007 1:14 PM Quote
The government can take it bac at ANY time as parliament is sovereign...

I don't know why I write this, my politics exam was yesterday!!

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 06 Jun, 2007 2:12 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
What do we think of the imminent detatchment from our counterparts?

Teh lolz.

I hope it never happens. If it happened 30 years ago we'd currently be laughing all the way to the bank, having spent 30 years selling Oil & Gas as well as all the excess electricity we continue to generate.

But not now.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 06 Jun, 2007 2:15 PM Quote
Biased ??

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 06 Jun, 2007 2:23 PM Quote
I think you may be mistaking Devolution for "Independence"

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 06 Jun, 2007 2:40 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

At the moment it is devolved, not yet independent. I hope it stays that way coz I wanna run away to Scotland without any entrance issues haha. Nae passport n shit.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 06 Jun, 2007 2:41 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

I also think Independance is on it's way too, I don't know if it'll happen within my lifetime but it's gonna happen, to quote some of your country men... Tiochfaidh Ar La

btw. I have seen graffiti in Scotland reading Chuckie Ah Lar, True !!!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 06 Jun, 2007 2:42 PM Quote
I don't even know what I am talkin about tbh haha. =(

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 06 Jun, 2007 2:44 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

Good point , devolution has already happened.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 06 Jun, 2007 2:44 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
paul_c wrote:

I also think Independance is on it's way too, I don't know if it'll happen within my lifetime but it's gonna happen, to quote some of your country men... Tiochfaidh Ar La

btw. I have seen graffiti in Scotland reading Chuckie Ah Lar, True !!!

Aye. My friend said that one of his friends said "I'm going to get a tatoo of Tiochfaidh Ar La, but i'm getin it in Irish". Lol, some people

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 06 Jun, 2007 4:08 PM Quote
I know that it is independance but like it or not there is still a degree of devolution yet to occur WHEN independance happens. During devolution the seemingly 'trivial' things were cast aside, pertaining to monarchy and state. I have mixed opinion. I think it will do Scotland a reasonable amount of good, and it will be very bad for England - they're very scared of how much we do for them, but they do so little for us. And of course there will be no back handers and our tax will be better eg, since we don't 'pay' for our uni courses etc, but in England they still do - at the same tax level - see?
The only thing that worries me are osme of the younger idiotic kids and teenagers who although try to appear patriotic, they have daft opinions on what it will involve - talking about going to war etc with England - its so ridiculous - and I heard a while back about a group of lads who carried out an attack (petrol bombs?) somewhere to 'keep england out of scotland' - purpose? no Idea logic? empty.
I think the monarchy sides of things will be interesting because technically England doesn't have a running monarch - Queen Elizabeth II is decended from James VI of scotland since the virgin queen (haha) Elizabeth I bore no heirs...so I guess we could have two monarchs if we wanted - and some lucky git sitting around will have no idea that if they trace it through Elizabeth Is cousins/brothers children, over 400 years later will be a monarch. Same idea if we decide not to bother with QE2, we could trace it back to the next notable after James VI that wasn't Charles I - his brother presumably. Interesting, but touchy subject lol

Joe
Joe Posted Wed 06 Jun, 2007 4:18 PM Quote
If the Scots really want independance from Great Britain, then they're free to do what they want. Just don't then do what everyone else does and, the moment you've become "independant", go and beg for admitance into another union of some sort. How many countries have done that, ey? I don't see much point in going from being 1 member out of 4 to one member out of 30-odd, but Scotty, it's your choice.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 06 Jun, 2007 4:24 PM Quote

First of all when we do get Independence it's totally up to us what we do with it, That's the point of being Independant

Secondly Not every nation is as xenophobic as the English and most are quite happy to belong to the E.U.

Thirdly Scotty??? this is exactly the type of fucking racism we will be glad to be rid of, that's a derogatry term, please don't use it. This is exactly the type of patronising sh!t I for one will be glad to be rid of

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:27 AM