Go see :)

Damn! I was in Camden yesterday too :(

Re: More Blogs and pics :)
gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 1:57 PM Quote
New Fran Rehearsal Blogs are up!

Rehearsal 1
Posted Jun 26 2008 13:36PM

http://www.travisonline.com/band/gallery/photos/07f22b60eec604834cf22350f26cbaf5.jpg

Friday 20th June

"We arrived at 10.20 something at Heathrow terminal 3 on VS 003. I managed to get 10 minutes of sleep on the flight. I watched Cloverfirld. It was good on a tiny screen. The monster was a bit of a CGI let down. I hate CGI for living creatures. As soon as you spot the CGI, it breaks the spell.
Rehearsals began at 2pm. Everyone was there when I arrived. We ran through the new songs first and then took a break. Something happens when you complete a record. There are lots of little details that focus each song. These details now set these songs apart from the 11 songs we went into the studio with, the 11 that we played on the rehearsal tour. Like bread before and after the oven. They are ready now.
Then we went through all the older songs. All fine.
We cut off at 6pm and went for a drink. It’s always nice to hang after we’ve had a break. Dougie went off to catch bathtime. Claes went off to meet his girlfriend. Neil, Andy and I went for some food. Then we all split. It was late. Clay was still up. Kiddy jet lag. I slumped into bed and fell asleep within 2 minutes of my head hitting the mattress."

Rehearsal 2
Posted Jun 26 2008 13:41PM

Saturday 21st June

"Met Andy and Neil at 11ish and we hopped in a cab to John Henrys Rehearsal studios. John Henrys is on Brewery Road in London. It’s been a rehearsal studio since as long as I can remember and is used by everyone. In our time there we’ve seen everyone from Oasis to Shirley Bassey, Razorlight to Sugababes, Coldplay to Madness rehearse in the other rooms. It’s a cool place. The rooms are sound proofed and have a very basic set up. We have written there (Battleships, Eyes Wide Open) and done full production rehearsals there for many tours.
On the agenda today was the set list running order and getting some vital instrumentation from New York to London. We thought we’d have to Fed Ex all the info over but iChat came to the rescue and we had everything 2 hours after the initial call to Emery. He’s a genius. With all these wee bits now in place, the new stuff was sounding pristine.
The set list for the shows was set and we ran through it. All sounding great, we departed. Andy and I spent the evening eating sushi and drinking in Camden. I haven’t done the Camden thing for years. We had fun. We met --some nice folk. Drank and were merry. We staggered home, briefly popping into the Barfly where we bumped into Vanisha from the messageboard. We didn’t stay long though. Bed was calling."

Rehearsal 3
Posted Jun 26 2008 13:42PM

http://www.travisonline.com/band/gallery/photos/81b93f3403e4bfd9f8806a96207e5fa7.jpg

Sunday 22nd July

"Andy and I got in half an hour late today at 12.30. CSS were in the room beside us. Storm, who we know from 9 years ago from early Travis shows was there. She is now a tour manager. Smart kid. I remember always thinking she’d do well when she and friends came to meet us at shows. I think she started doing tee shirts with some bands on tour and worked her way up. She’s tour managed Bloc Party and many others. Was really nice to see her again.
We ran through the set today, tweaking as we went and then did all the new songs one more time. All sounding good. We are thinking of playing the entire new album in order at a couple of shows. Probably V and maybe in Japan. We’ll play the other stuff too at these shows but the new stuff stands up well as a piece on it’s own. Exciting times. Roll on Turkey."

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 2:02 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
We are thinking of playing the entire new album in order at a couple of shows. Probably V and maybe in Japan. We’ll play the other stuff too at these shows but the new stuff stands up well as a piece on it’s own. Exciting times. Roll on Turkey."

WOW! They're thinking about playing the entire album at the V Festival. Brave move. I hope they show coverage of this on TV on Channnel 4, etc like they normally do. Plus they broadcast live and play highlights from the V Festival on Virgin Radio.

Good advertising for Ode To J. Smith which is out a few weeks after the V Festival in September (sometime...).

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 2:09 PM Quote
Interesting idea. Not sure whether it'll capture a festival crowd. I think at these shows they should play the main hits: Rain, Sing, Side, Turn, Driftwood, Closer and for the others, the rockiest stuff they have. So rocky stuff from Good Feeling, Blue Flashing Light, and 4 or 5 from the new album. So when people aren't getting a song they know, their face is being blown off.

That's what I would do in Travis' position anyway.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 5:26 PM Quote
Aw, love how Grinner got a mention in the second blog!!

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 6:16 PM Quote
Aww a beautiful picture of Reds and Whites. Go Turkey! (World cup up next. tee hee) :-)

Thanks to Fran for keeping us updated for all this exciting stuff.
Roll on Turkey, indeed! Can't fuckin wait anymore! Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!

-ivashjke-
-ivashjke- Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 6:19 PM Quote
haha.. Andy looks like some 1970-s thriller hero )

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 7:58 PM Quote
-ivashjke- wrote:

Hahaha, you're right, he does!

I'm very excited about all this! Thank you Fran!

gaby
gaby Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 5:21 AM Quote
Quote:
Sunday 22nd July

???

Fran is a month ahead! (thinking maybe because of the "Camden thing"?) http://www.netsoc.tcd.ie/~jas/php.comments/cpanel/smilies/guino.gif

TK23
TK23 Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 6:52 AM Quote
-ivashjke- wrote:

Haha! I think he looks quite dapper.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 7:10 AM Quote
Is that a packet of ciggies in his pocket? :)

velvet
velvet Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 10:41 AM Quote
Help kind people!!! I can't put some pics in my post:((( I press button for image, and then i can't do anything. What I must do than???

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 11:53 AM Quote
velvet wrote:
Help kind people!!! I can't put some pics in my post:((( I press button for image, and then i can't do anything. What I must do then???

[img]-----Put the weblink of your photo here and close spaces either side-----[/img]

velvet
velvet Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 1:00 PM Quote
Thanks! This I understand, but if my photo is in my PC....it makes all things different:((( Ok, i will only talk, not show with pictures:))))

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 1:06 PM Quote
Haha, amazing. Grinner (Vanisha) texted me last Saturday night and told me exactly what Fran just confirmed about Camden : )

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:57 PM