Travis

Chillin' or Chattin'
spid
spid Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 12:33 PM Quote
When stuff bugs you do you
a) chill and let it all sweep over you or
b) chat get cross and then it is dealt with?

Just interested as in my family I am the only chat and get cross person and every one else just chills and it really bugs me that I can't talk to anyone about stuff. Am I abnormal?

Re: Chillin' or Chattin'
moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 12:42 PM Quote
Nope I chat about it. Or shout about it if it gets really bad of course lol. I think it's better to deal with stuff than let it wash over you.

So I'm guessing that you're normal, although coming from me that isn't much of a reassurance lol

spid
spid Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 12:46 PM Quote
Phew, thank goodness - I like your and my type of normal best! I think a ggod shout and a good moan can really help you put perspective on stuff and well as release a lot of tension, and stops you mulling and getting paranoid. I really don't get the 'let it wash over you, it's not worth it' stuff - it seems more of a cop out on life, and a not taking responsibility for your own feelings etc.

See I talked again!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 1:05 PM Quote
No way is anything that bugs me just sliding over me, I need to rant on about it for ages til it's out of my system then I can move on!

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 1:25 PM Quote
Either or really. Depends on the person or the situation.
I am a minefield lol

spid
spid Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 8:59 PM Quote
I reckon just chillin makes ulcers and isn't physically nor psychologically healthy!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 9:01 PM Quote

It ain't bad to get mad.

spid
spid Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 8:36 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Brilliant - I adore 'The Street', I was brought up on it when we lived on a USAF base in Saudi. My brother and sister didn't get it's influence cos it wasn't on in ENgland when they were young - so they didn't get the goats sound advice!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:12 AM