Travis

And So The Countdown Begins...
TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 4:48 PM Quote
...J.Smith, a week to go now! Anyone getting really excited now? I am lol. Thought it'd be cool to discuss the anticipation of J.Smith being pushed through our letterboxes. Might also be good around this time next week, or earlier, or it might even be Tuesday, I don't know lol, but it would be interesting to see who is the first boardie to get it in the post, so once J.Smith falls through your door and you've given it a listen you could come on here and let us all know that you've got yours. I'm hoping this time next week to see this thread filled with messages saying everyone's got theirs =] I'll be up bright and early next Monday, hoping the postman is early for a change lol. Oh but another question I forgot is will we actually get them on Monday or is that the day the stores get them to send to us? If not whoever has bought the digital downloads will have them to listen to on Monday, so I'll be up early no matter what lol =]

Re: And So The Countdown Begins...
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 5:07 PM Quote
They should be sending them so that they arrive with us on Monday. :)

J Smith is awesome but we've already heard that. Can't wait to hear the recorded version of Get Up mostly and of course a brand new song, Sarah! :)

Another point is this, I was counting down the sleeps to go. At the moment: 7 sleeps. BUT when does the digital download link open? Midnight? If so, it'll be only 6 sleeps to go! Hehe. :)

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 5:24 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

J Smith is awesome but we've already heard that. Can't wait to hear the recorded version of Get Up mostly and of course a brand new song, Sarah! :)

Another point is this, I was counting down the sleeps to go. At the moment: 7 sleeps. BUT when does the digital download link open? Midnight? If so, it'll be only 6 sleeps to go! Hehe. :)

Ben , you're a big kid! My 4 yr old counts down the sleeps til we go on holiday,LOL!!! I'm excited about getting my copy even tho I'll not be able to listen to Sarah until I find someone with a record player.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 5:33 PM Quote
I am a big kid. And proud of it. ;) hehe

What's green and sings?

Elvis Parsley.

What's brown and sticky?

A stick.

:)

spid
spid Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 5:36 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I am a big kid. And proud of it. ;) hehe

What's green and sings?

Elvis Parsley.

What's brown and sticky?

A stick.

:)

What's big, brown and sticky.

A big brown sticky thing!

nesmap
nesmap Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 6:00 PM Quote
What if you don't sleep though? No sleeps to go

YAY! ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 6:02 PM Quote
What's brown and sticky and smelly?

A lump of shit on a stick.

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 6:08 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

lol while you've been counting down the sleeps I've been counting down the days, it reminds me of the count down to a holiday, especially when I was a little kid, but we all know we still secretly count down to anything, my whole family have been counting down to our holidays lol, even from weeks ago, we're down to 3 weeks for Ireland now! 5 weeks for Thailand! and for even more excitement for me is of course the 1 week for J Smith! lol. I'm guessing the digital download will be available at midnight, they probably have some thing to allow it to be activated just as Monday begins which will be midnight =] So I'll be having another late night on Sunday night and an exceptionally early morning on Monday morning lol.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 6:25 PM Quote
lol counting sleeps is just better though. Haha. Hopefully you're right about the download or it might be some guy that has to press a button at work. On his way to the office he realises he left something in the car... he then is about to sit down but realises he needs the toilet and gets stopped by Dave on the way back... he's about to click the button but at that moment gets a phone call.... NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I think the automatic start would be better. ;)

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 8:15 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
lol counting sleeps is just better though. Haha. Hopefully you're right about the download or it might be some guy that has to press a button at work. On his way to the office he realises he left something in the car... he then is about to sit down but realises he needs the toilet and gets stopped by Dave on the way back... he's about to click the button but at that moment gets a phone call.... NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I think the automatic start would be better. ;)

That could be turned into an episode of a sitcom or maybe even a film lol. But let's hope that doesn't happen and if that is how it will be activated that "the man who is in control of the J.Smith button" gets it pressed on time =]

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 8:18 PM Quote
I imagine it'll be automatically programmed to work from a set time. Hopefully midnight. :)

mili
mili Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 10:06 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I imagine it'll be automatically programmed to work from a set time. Hopefully midnight. :)

Midnight what time? GMT, CET or some American time?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 23 Jun, 2008 10:30 PM Quote
mili wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Midnight what time? GMT, CET or some American time?

GMT I would think considering it's British I imagine.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 1:20 AM Quote
I'm dying to show a video of my cat every time she hears J Smith but I will wait until after launch as it will be poor quality sound from my camera but an amazing picture!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 1:48 AM Quote
Well, I'm excited and I won't even have a copy. So please once you have yours, be nice and fill the board with comments: I want details about the songs, especially Get Up and Sarah! :o)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:24 PM