Travis

I Kissed a Girl
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 8:27 PM Quote
No sorry everyone get your minds outta the gutter, I didn't kiss a girl. I'm talking about the song. Has anyone else heard this? It's all over the radio! It's not that great of a song. But you guys can judge for yourselves

I Kissed a Girl

Re: I Kissed a Girl
Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 8:30 PM Quote
Yeah I heard it this morning... I noticed it because of the lyrics :o) Provocative, but otherwise an OK pop song.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 8:35 PM Quote
yeah i saw the video the other day...how edgy. <<being sarcastic.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 9:23 PM Quote
Not that impressive or controversial, considering Jill Sobule did it over Ten Years Ago.

*shrug*

mili
mili Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 9:23 PM Quote
Who is it by?

I got "This video is not available in your country." Amazing!!!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 9:40 PM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
Not that impressive or controversial, considering Jill Sobule did it over Ten Years Ago.

Yeah, i read an article where she's talking about her fans emailing her about the song new song. She said it's okay.

My main qualm with the song is the assumption that cherry chapstick tastes good. Now, I consider myself I chapstick aficionado and I can tell you, chapstick does not taste all that great. Even cherry flavored ones.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 10:04 PM Quote
Chap Stick is scented and colored, but I don't think it's flavored at all. It's probably one of those "fool your senses" kind of thing...any sense of flavor probably comes through the smell. Be an interesting science experiment. A closed-nose taste test. Flavor or just waxy?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 10:15 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Chap Stick is scented and colored, but I don't think it's flavored at all. It's probably one of those "fool your senses" kind of thing...any sense of flavor probably comes through the smell. Be an interesting science experiment. A closed-nose taste test. Flavor or just waxy?

I did this type of experiment when I was about 4. I ate several different types of Chapstick. Not the whole tube mind you, just some bits of varied flavors.

My recollection (though hazy) is that they didn't taste as good as I had hoped but it was still mildly enjoyable. I think I liked the orange one the best. (NOT the beige neutral one, it was a bright orange one)

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 10:22 PM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:

*shrug*

Jill Sobule's song was cute and sweet. This Katy Perry chic is trying too hard to be "edgy". And as far as the new versions video, blah!

And the chapstick thing...The chapstick brand chapstick doesn't really taste but lipsmackers does as I recall. Maybe she was meaning lipsmackers but chapstick rhymed with "liked it" better ;)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 10:22 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I did this type of experiment when I was about 4. I ate several different types of Chapstick. Not the whole tube mind you, just some bits of varied flavors.

My recollection (though hazy) is that they didn't taste as good as I had hoped but it was still mildly enjoyable. I think I liked the orange one the best. (NOT the beige neutral one, it was a bright orange one)

You have to do it again, but hold your nose the whole time. Like the apple/onion/potato experiment they make you do in grade school. See if you can tell one from the other. Smell and taste are very interesting. A while back, some company was making scented tops for water bottles so you got the illusion that your water was flavored, even though you were drinking just plain water.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 11:01 PM Quote
Ha, I love how this thread quickly turned into the taste test thread.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:15 AM