Travis

New Blog
moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 8:33 AM Quote
Don't know if it's been posted before but:
New Blog!

Glad to see another blog- I love those things lol.

Re: New Blog
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 10:02 AM Quote
Great blog, it's nice to know what Fran likes at the moment. Will be checking out some bands now!

It's good to know Fran has good (or same as mine) taste in Coldplay songs too ;)

milos
milos Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 10:23 AM Quote
This was a nice surprise! Great.

Edel
Edel Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 12:34 PM Quote
ah the 'lecture' reminds me of this great song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7AzBIJoI&feature=related

lost-angel
lost-angel Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 12:58 PM Quote
Edel wrote:

It brings out happy memories every time I hear that song. That was the one playing on the video-tribute made for our class on our graduation day…

I have same tendency to be a steaming tomato myself so I’m liberal with my sunscreen... great blog! :)

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 1:27 PM Quote
Great blog!

I had the same thoughts on the Coldplay Life in Technicolour, it's a great tune but I would love to hear some lyrics on it too. And I love Death and All His Friends as well, the beginning though, just about up to 30 seconds reminds me a litte of some Jack Johnson song, I haven't a clue what, I had a listen to my JJ CD and can't find it but it was the first thing I thought when I heard the opening. The song keeps getting stuck in my head too, especially 2:20 to 3:30, I love the "No I don't wanna battle from beginning to end, I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge, I don't wanna follow Death and all his friends" section.

Anywhoo thanks for the blog! =]

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 2:11 PM Quote
Edel wrote:

Stuff like that makes me cry. It makes me feel like a great success and a great failure at the same time.

Of course, everything makes me cry nowadays. I'm all raw on the inside.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 3:11 PM Quote
So many times have I spent so much time making sure the kids were lathered in sunscreen, had adequate water and snacks, etc. and completely forgot about myself. Then I'm the one all burnt and dehydrated. See that Fran has the same problem!

mili
mili Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 3:30 PM Quote
I went to see Corbijn's exhibition, and Control got a mention there, too. Nice photos of Joy Division, U2 etc, but no Travis.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 4:37 PM Quote
Aww, that was a fun read. It's nice to see that Fran is able to enjoy life with his family and hang out and go to shows and stuff. Not for too long though, huh? With the upcoming tour, I'll bet he'll want to take in as much as possible!

Thanks for sharing, Fran!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 4:45 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
So many times have I spent so much time making sure the kids were lathered in sunscreen, had adequate water and snacks, etc. and completely forgot about myself. Then I'm the one all burnt and dehydrated. See that Fran has the same problem!

hahaha...me too! I'm glad I'm not the only one! My daughter has really fair skin, so I'm pretty diligent about covering her up, but often forget myself. Loved this blog...it's nice to hear about what Fran is listening to. :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 5:26 PM Quote
I felt very related to the sun burn part of that blog haha. I never get a tan, and the few times I did get a tan people hardly noticed it because on me it looks like a normal white, I've got very fair skin. I get tomato red and then white again.
I hate exposing myself to the sun because these absurd things always happen to me, whether I wear sun block or not. I once got blisters on my head just for walking on the street on a sunny day.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 6:28 PM Quote
Cool blog, cheers Fran.

As I've said on general chat I'm loving Viva La Vida. I like all the tracks. Particularly the last four tracks or so. I also love the second half of Yes with the guitars are ambient-y vocals.

When it comes to sunburn I'm probably a bit too paranoid about it and all its issues. I'm definitely not much of a sun person. Going on holiday to Cyprus for two weeks next week as well...better be generous with the ol' sun block.

cornax
cornax Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 7:22 PM Quote
Fran is spot on with MGMT (Time to Pretend is my song for the summer) and the sunscreen reminder, even if you tan! I'm super pale so always lather up but my olive-complected brother is the one who's had skin cancer.

Alisha
Alisha Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 7:26 PM Quote
MGMT :-)
I reviewed their album a few weeks ago (and before getting it I had no idea who they were or what to expect) and since then everybody's talking about them then, even Fran.

Funny.

Good album anyway, have a listen to "Kids", it's really gonna be worth it :)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:52 PM