Travis

J. Smith
paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 8:52 PM Quote
Does anyone know of anywhere else this release has been advertised? Because i'd only have heard about it on here- i don't think there's anything on the Travis MySpace about it, and i'm guessing it won't have been in NME or anything yet.

Anyone know if this has been put out to the wider public? If not, then most of the boardies should be able to get a copy, because i doubt there's more than a thousand regular boardies...

Just curious

Re: J. Smith
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 9:02 PM Quote
You're right. I've googled it a few times. Very little has been said. People on here who want one, should be able to get one! :)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 9:09 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
You're right. I've googled it a few times. Very little has been said. People on here who want one, should be able to get one! :)

Did it appear in the Daily Record or anything? Their entertainment 'news' is often lifted from the blogs and news pages of artists websites..

They've had "exclusive" Amy Macdonald 'gossip' before, but it's actually just copy and pasted from her blog!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 9:10 PM Quote
I think the record company put out some sort of announcement about it but I could be wrong. The fact that it's sold out indicates some sort of wider circulation of the news.

Edit: I thought it was sold out but now I am confused.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 9:11 PM Quote
Sure enough, the Daily Record has another exclusive

At least it's being publicised though, if only in Scotland!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 10:11 PM Quote
It's on a few blogs, but nothing much. It being on the main site should spark more interest.

It's not sold out, only the first 200 copies have.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 10:15 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I think the record company put out some sort of announcement about it but I could be wrong. The fact that it's sold out indicates some sort of wider circulation of the news.

Recordstore sold out their 200 copies. That's it. :) I think anyway. Haha.

Google 'Travis J Smith' or even the 'Travis Ode To J Smith' and yes, its been mentioned but very little comes up on google. People just aren't excited. That's not based on the new stuff at all because people haven't heard it and most have not even heard about it. As soon as they officially announce on the front page, the name, tracklisting, release date etc, more will be said. We're excited of course, but at this moment in time, the general public or non Travis obsessed fan, doesn't know there's anything to be excited about.

Can't wait 'til Travis gives 'em that reason!!! :)

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 11:38 PM Quote
I have seen a bit said about it on Wikipedia, don't think there's actually anything written under the Travis tab but if you serch J Smith EP it says about it, but then again, as people have said I doubt the general public or non-obsessed Travis fan would be searching Travis and J Smith EP on Wikipedia lol.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 12:47 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Recordstore sold out their 200 copies. That's it. :) I think anyway. Haha.

Yes that's what I was thinking of, thanks.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 12:40 PM Quote
TheInvisibleBoy wrote:
I have seen a bit said about it on Wikipedia, don't think there's actually anything written under the Travis tab but if you serch J Smith EP it says about it, but then again, as people have said I doubt the general public or non-obsessed Travis fan would be searching Travis and J Smith EP on Wikipedia lol.

I wrote most of the J Smith page, but it needs to be linked in better from the Travis page. It's not a single though, so not very good publicity doesn't matter much

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 1:56 PM Quote
That's a weird coincidence, I was reading the J Smith wikipedia page earlier today and wondered if any boardies had contributed to it! Did you write any of the other Travis-related stuff?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 2:23 PM Quote
You should type:

"J Smith is the greatest song ever. 5 stars." Travis messageboard.

What?! If magazines and newspapers can get quoted, so can we! :) hehe

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 3:18 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
TheInvisibleBoy wrote:

I wrote most of the J Smith page, but it needs to be linked in better from the Travis page. It's not a single though, so not very good publicity doesn't matter much

My first reference on a Wikipedia page. A proud moment.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 7:01 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:
That's a weird coincidence, I was reading the J Smith wikipedia page earlier today and wondered if any boardies had contributed to it! Did you write any of the other Travis-related stuff?

I might have written some of the TBWNN singles, probably My Eyes and Selfish Jean have some of me on there. I'm always happy to edit things on there, so shout if there's something missing!

I'm just updating the Travis page to include J Smith more.

Esteban, you should be proud! :) I try to include references even though the Wikipedians probably wouldn't think that a miscellaneous fan is very reliable. It's a good thing we trust you! ;)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:40 PM