Travis

Is it actually 1000 copies?
everyday_face
everyday_face Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 7:43 PM Quote
That was only ever mentioned on the recordstore site, yeah? Just that I find it strange that there's been no official confirmation of that, and that its only mentioned as 'limited edition'. I realise that 1000 is a very limited, but we are to presume that Recordstore had 200, Norman Records have some etc, that would mean there's sub-800 being sold on this site?

I'm not really bothered, cos I've already ordered mine, but it just got me thinking cos everyone seems to be presuming and if it was just 1000 I would have thought, they'd have made a bigger deal of that on here?

Anyhoo, enjoy for those who got a copy :)
x

Re: Is it actually 1000 copies?
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 7:47 PM Quote
Recordstore and Norman both say 1000 so I think it is 1000. :)

everyday_face
everyday_face Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 7:48 PM Quote
Fair enough, but as I said earlier, I don't trust Norman...they said TBWNN would have a 7" vinyl with the album complete with unreleased tracks!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 7:52 PM Quote
Well, those 2 places are the only 2 I've seen that have mentioned a number. They're either both wrong, or both right. :)

I think 1000 seems about right too.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 8:49 PM Quote
everyday_face wrote:
Fair enough, but as I said earlier, I don't trust Norman...they said TBWNN would have a 7" vinyl with the album complete with unreleased tracks!

I got a 7" vinyl when i bought the 12" vinyl of TBWNN- not the CD

spid
spid Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 9:24 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

I got a 7" vinyl when i bought the 12" vinyl of TBWNN- not the CD

Me too!

everyday_face
everyday_face Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 9:27 PM Quote
....I actually made it more clear in the original post. Pre-release Norman Records stated that the vinyl release of TBWNN would be a limited edition and come with a 4-track 7" vinyl that included unreleased tracks not on the album. Obviously, this wasn't the case.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 11:21 PM Quote
everyday_face wrote:
....I actually made it more clear in the original post. Pre-release Norman Records stated that the vinyl release of TBWNN would be a limited edition and come with a 4-track 7" vinyl that included unreleased tracks not on the album. Obviously, this wasn't the case.

No, it IS the case. My TBWNN limited vinyl has the number on it, and i'm pretty sure i remember hearing that it was limited to 1000 copies. And mine came with the 7" vintl!

So obviously it was the case ;)

everyday_face
everyday_face Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 12:01 AM Quote
[/quote]No, it IS the case. My TBWNN limited vinyl has the number on it, and i'm pretty sure i remember hearing that it was limited to 1000 copies. And mine came with the 7" vintl!So obviously it was the case ;) [/quote]

No, it ISN'T the case. Your TBWNN limited vinyl has a number on it and came with A 7" vinyl, not THE 7" vinyl!

I know about Sailing Away, but as I said, it advertised it as being essentially a 4-track 7" EP of unreleased songs not on the album.

So yeah, obviously it isn't the case :)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 1:04 AM Quote
everyday_face wrote:
No, it IS the case. My TBWNN limited vinyl has the number on it, and i'm pretty sure i remember hearing that it was limited to 1000 copies. And mine came with the 7" vintl!So obviously it was the case ;)

No, it ISN'T the case. Your TBWNN limited vinyl has a number on it and came with A 7" vinyl, not THE 7" vinyl!

I know about Sailing Away, but as I said, it advertised it as being essentially a 4-track 7" EP of unreleased songs not on the album.

So yeah, obviously it isn't the case :)

Do hidden tracks count as a release though?

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 1:12 AM Quote
Hopefully any boardie who wants one will be able to get it now. And it makes sense for the majority of the remaining 800 to be sold on this site.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 1:13 AM Quote
Haha, that quoting is totally cocked up now! :)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 2:07 AM Quote
everyday_face wrote:

How the heck are you making a distinction between a 7" vinyl and THE 7" vinyl?

That doesn't make any sense at all!

everyday_face
everyday_face Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 8:27 AM Quote
Is it me, or is my point really not that difficult to understand?!?!

Norman Records previously advertised before its release that they had a....

A limited edition (possibly 1000, can't remember) LP of TBWNN. Included with this would be a 7" vinyl that had 4-tracks of unreleased songs. I cannot remember if 'Sailing Away' was one of them or not - but they did not mention any unknown track names.

THIS WAS WRONG! IT DID NOT EXIST! This is my only point. You are talking about "A 7" vinyl" as in the one with Sailing Away on it, I'm talking about "THE vinyl" as in the one we're actually talking about, being the fictitious 4-track EP!!

All make sense? :S
x

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 12:58 PM Quote
everyday_face wrote:
Is it me, or is my point really not that difficult to understand?!?!

Norman Records previously advertised before its release that they had a....

A limited edition (possibly 1000, can't remember) LP of TBWNN. Included with this would be a 7" vinyl that had 4-tracks of unreleased songs. I cannot remember if 'Sailing Away' was one of them or not - but they did not mention any unknown track names.

THIS WAS WRONG! IT DID NOT EXIST! This is my only point. You are talking about "A 7" vinyl" as in the one with Sailing Away on it, I'm talking about "THE vinyl" as in the one we're actually talking about, being the fictitious 4-track EP!!

All make sense? :S
x

No... because THE 7" vinyl you're talking about IS the 7" vinyl they advertised. How can you distinguish between two different things when you don't even know if one exists?? That's my point

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:38 PM