Travis

Glass Onion EP - CD
jaybee
jaybee Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 5:28 PM Quote
Hi all,

Just joined the site and wondered if you can help me out. I have an original Glass Onion EP CD (GLASSCD001) from 1993. It was given to me by a relative of Chris Martyn who I worked with at the time so I know its genuine.

I was surfing away (as you do) and looking up Travis when I saw a note to the effect that this CD was pretty rare and could be worth up to £1000!!

Surely not! Really?

It has sat in my CD collection for the last 15 years - probably played it 10 times at most. Could anyone give me an honest appraisal as to the scarcity and value (its in great condition) please?

Cheers

Jaybee

Have listed the EP on Ebay now: http://tinyurl.com/5spl5w

Re: Glass Onion EP - CD
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 5:38 PM Quote
In a word, wow! Lucky you! I'm not sure it would get £1000 - I don't know of any rich boardies - but it would probably be into three digits. You can be assured that someone else would like it if you wouldn't!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 5:43 PM Quote
I think £1000 is a bit ambitious. The last time i read the Record Collectors Guide it was valued about £75-£100 or there abouts

Stick it on eBay- you'll get a good price, and it'll go to a good home : )

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 5:57 PM Quote
I reckon around 50-80 is what youll get maybe into hunders (like the ltd AIWDIR) i think the thing with this is there isnt a number kept on how meny where made etc so people cant tell how rare it is, but if u stick it on ebay and post the link here im sure ull get a good price and make a lucky bordie happy

jaybee
jaybee Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 6:01 PM Quote
Thanks for the advice. I thought that was a bit ambitious... :)

I'll probably put her on Ebay in the next couple of days so she can go to a good home. As far as I can see only 500 were made as it was a self-financed pressing to be used as promos and sold at gigs.

Cheers again all - I'll put the link here for everyone once I've photographed and done the listing.

Jaybee

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 7:35 PM Quote
I'll be bidding

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 7:50 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
I'll be bidding

You're well up for it aren't you, I can tell! :)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 8:48 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
paul_c wrote:
I'll be bidding

Of course! I'm a collector ;) and since Geoff Martyn wouldn't sell me a copy himself, i still need one

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 9:04 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
paul_c wrote:
I'll be bidding

Of course! I'm a collector ;) and since Geoff Martyn wouldn't sell me a copy himself, i still need one

Good luck then. :)

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 12:45 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
paul_c wrote:
I'll be bidding

And then your collection will be complete?

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 1:03 AM Quote
MusicGirl99 wrote:
paul_c wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
paul_c wrote:
I'll be bidding

In the sense that it's the only Travis/Glass Onion release i don't have yet, then yes. I still need other formats of stuff to have a full collection, but the Glass Onion EP is any Travis collectors holy grail

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 1:09 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
MusicGirl99 wrote:
paul_c wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
paul_c wrote:
I'll be bidding

In the sense that it's the only Travis/Glass Onion release i don't have yet, then yes. I still need other formats of stuff to have a full collection, but the Glass Onion EP is any Travis collectors holy grail

Oh I know that. :) But since you're the resident collector on the board, it sounds like you're pretty much done.
Good luck.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 2:08 AM Quote
MusicGirl99 wrote:
paul_c wrote:
MusicGirl99 wrote:
paul_c wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
paul_c wrote:
I'll be bidding

Oh I know that. :) But since you're the resident collector on the board, it sounds like you're pretty much done.
Good luck.

Haha, "resident". I like it. Makes me sound like a DJ or something :P

jaybee
jaybee Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 5:45 PM Quote
Thanks again for the advice.

I've listed the EP on Ebay now here: http://tinyurl.com/5spl5w

There are some images of the disc and inlay etc.

Good luck!

Jaybee

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 10:13 PM Quote
jaybee wrote:
Thanks again for the advice.

I've listed the EP on Ebay now here: http://tinyurl.com/5spl5w

There are some images of the disc and inlay etc.

Good luck!

Jaybee

It's pretty amazing to see photos of one of them, if only I had a spare £100 or so to try keep up with the bids and if only I could actually buy stuff on ebay too, got a paypal account ages ago and can't for the life of me remember the password, ID or anything for it lol. But yeah good luck to whoever is bidding on it, and thanks for sharing that with us all Jaybee!

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:41 PM