Travis

I spoke German today!!
Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 6:26 PM Quote
I had to learn this at work:
Rufen Sie bitte später, es gibt technische Problemen (I'm not sure about the grammar or the correct spelling of the words) but it was so funny, I was a bit scared and feeling embarassed about saying things I couldn't understand, and my German colleagues had to teach me all the pronunciation etc that was very difficult. But I liked it, I just pretend I'm a recorded disc that says that, so that people call later (the technical problem would be that there's noone who speaks German in that moment)

One day I'll be fluent in German!! Not yet, but... one day... I hope...

Re: I spoke German today!!
Monica
Monica Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 6:28 PM Quote
I studied German for a year and it's very difficult!

rebekah
rebekah Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 6:37 PM Quote
i've heard German is quite hard too..i would quite like to learn!

i'm learning spanish though :)

i have a german lop bunny :) (random i know)..but she is soo cute :D

P.S. ahahahah liking your picture Monica! :)

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 6:40 PM Quote
xDDDDDDDDD
Thanks ;)
As a native speaker, for me Spanish is the easiest language of the world. Is it difficult? I guess to conjugate a verb has to be difficult :S

rebekah
rebekah Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 6:45 PM Quote
ahahah..i think the verbs are the hardest part of the language..(my opinion) lol
well..i quite like it in some ways...i don't really know if it is hard cos i haven't tried other languages as much as Spanish. I have been told it is easier to learn than French..but French and Spanish are quite similar aren't they?

So what about you? Is English hard to learn?

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 6:52 PM Quote
Spanish is easy to read. You read "casa" and you pronounce "casa", no problem. French is hard for me. I studied two years of French and, oh my god, it was horrible :p
But you're right, Spanish and French are quite similar. Both come from Latin, as well as Italian. It's funny because I understand what an Italian says although I have no idea of the language :p

English is easy. And it's easy because we learn it at school (although teachers aren't qualified). I've always loved English and that's why I study English philology. But I must admit that phrasal verbs are... I hate them! xDD

Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 6:58 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
Spanish is easy to read. You read "casa" and you pronounce "casa", no problem. French is hard for me. I studied two years of French and, oh my god, it was horrible :p
But you're right, Spanish and French are quite similar. Both come from Latin, as well as Italian. It's funny because I understand what an Italian says although I have no idea of the language :p

English is easy. And it's easy because we learn it at school (although teachers aren't qualified). I've always loved English and that's why I study English philology. But I must admit that phrasal verbs are... I hate them! xDD

The same for me, I understand what a Spanish says and I have no idea of the language! I think Italian and Spanish are the closest languages to each other. French is quite similar as well

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 7:01 PM Quote
Hahaha. It's very cool to understand a language you've never studied xDD

rebekah
rebekah Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 7:02 PM Quote
ahahahh! my spanish teacher tells us how spanish poeple learn english from a young age so they are very good at it :)
I do like spanish for the fact that you are reading it the way it is spelt which makes it alot more easy for me..as long as you know the general pronunciation..you just say how it is spelt and have a good chance on getting it right :)
so are you a coldplay fan?

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 7:04 PM Quote
rebekah wrote:

VIVA LA VISA!!! o la MASTERCARRR Qué bueno!

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 7:08 PM Quote
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

rebekah wrote:
ahahahh! my spanish teacher tells us how spanish poeple learn english from a young age so they are very good at it :)
I do like spanish for the fact that you are reading it the way it is spelt which makes it alot more easy for me..as long as you know the general pronunciation..you just say how it is spelt and have a good chance on getting it right :)

Learners of Spanish find very difficult to pronounce the "rr" and the "j" sound ;)

Yes! I love Coldplay. I think they're brilliant!

rebekah
rebekah Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 7:08 PM Quote
yulen10 wrote:
rebekah wrote:

VIVA LA VISA!!! o la MASTERCARRR Qué bueno!

heh :)

rebekah
rebekah Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 7:11 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

rebekah wrote:

Learners of Spanish find very difficult to pronounce the "rr" and the "j" sound ;)

Yes! I love Coldplay. I think they're brilliant!

yeah and the ll sound..the j is deffinately 'the hardest part' (lol) I LOVE COLDPLAY TOOOOO!!! They ars oo awesome!!

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 7:15 PM Quote
Hahahaha, that's the hardest part :p
Can't wait to see them in Madrid!

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 8:32 PM Quote
For me German was easier than english...go figure !

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:59 PM