Travis

FAO Paul
Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 9:56 AM Quote
Have you ever heard of a guy called Bap Kennedy? (apparantly it's actually spelled like this, hmm)

My brother and I went to see Mark Knopfler last night, and this guy supported him. Never heard of him, but he said he was from Belfast (and judging by his accent he was speaking the truth lol). Hence I thought about asking you whether you'd heard of him :o)

Re: FAO Paul
Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 11:16 AM Quote
woooh Mark Knöpfler cool ! how was it ??

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 12:10 PM Quote
Just Paul?

There are more Norn Iron folk ye know! ;-)

Aye everyone has heard of Bap.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 1:45 PM Quote
Yep, sure have. My good friend Cristin loves him to bits.
He's Brian Kennedy's brother i think. Can't stand Brian, but Bap's music is pretty alright actually

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 1:59 PM Quote
Sorry, Paul was the one that came to mind when I heard that guy talk lol

So his name is actually spelled Bap? I quite liked his voice. He talked a lot between songs, which I like. Mr Knopfler hardly said two words except to introduce the band.

The gig was quite good. My brother has been a fan as long as I remember but I think he was disappointed that he didn't play Money for Nothing or Walk of Life. He did play Sultans of Swing and the theme for Local Hero though.

It really seemed like it was just another day on the job for him. He did what he had to do but there wasn't much real enthusiasm behind it :oS

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 4:44 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
The gig was quite good. My brother has been a fan as long as I remember but I think he was disappointed that he didn't play Money for Nothing or Walk of Life. He did play Sultans of Swing and the theme for Local Hero though.

It really seemed like it was just another day on the job for him. He did what he had to do but there wasn't much real enthusiasm behind it :oS

oh well that's it then, Mr. Knopfler won't get my money when he next passes by! :-P

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 9:43 PM Quote
NEVER heard of Bap Kennedy!!! lol What a funny name indeed! *chuckles*

Fecking hate Brian Kennedy!!!!! ugggghhhhhhh nightmares!

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 9:47 PM Quote
You didn't have to go get a cd signed from him for your boss!

It's ok though as twice I refused to shake his hand.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 12:40 AM Quote
Darran wrote:
You didn't have to go get a cd signed from him for your boss!

It's ok though as twice I refused to shake his hand.

I got trapped in HMV when he was doing an instore gig and signing. Officially THE worst experience ever.

Incidently, it was The Man Who i was re-buying that day cos my old copy was worn out. Funny how it always comes back to Travis eh :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:17 PM