Travis

Should I go to work today?
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 3:38 PM Quote

I've slept 3 hours, because I'm writing this paper for uni that has to be done by tomorrow morning (nowhere near finishing it). And I have this awful cold that's annoying me, I can't breathe.
I have to go to work for three hours this afternoon. I was going to work on my paper, go to work and then continue when I get back, but I just found out that the subway workers are on strike so the city is a mess. This means it will take like an hour to get to my job, and another hour to come back.
I'm seriously considering call in sick. I am sick after all and I need the time.
I'm just trying to convince myself. What do you think I should do?

Re: Should I go to work today?
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 3:42 PM Quote
looks like you've already convinced yourself to stay home!
;)

meh...i say do it...take off!

firebird
firebird Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 3:47 PM Quote
Nah.. call them, and continue

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 3:51 PM Quote
Subway on strike? Yeah I suppose I can see how not being able to buy your daily Italian BMT could cause problems. ;D

Just call work and tell them your ill. But make sure you spend the time actually doing your uni work! No slacking now!

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 3:58 PM Quote
If you need to ask the internets then you know deep down it's the wrong thing to do.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 4:48 PM Quote
Ohh, I'm very aware that it's wrong :oP. I'm a responsible person who likes to fulfill her duties, that's why I needed to be convinced that it's ok to call in sick (my dad finished the convincing part). I really feel like crap right now, so I just talked to my boss and he said it was ok, that I shouldn't worry and that I sounded terrible xD.
So now I have the whole day to work on my paper.
Thanks everyone!

Typing to Reach You wrote:
Subway on strike? Yeah I suppose I can see how not being able to buy your daily Italian BMT could cause problems. ;D

Just call work and tell them your ill. But make sure you spend the time actually doing your uni work! No slacking now!

No, sir! :oP.
What's an Italian BMT?

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 4:53 PM Quote
Mrs Esteban's favourite.

http://www.subway.com/applications/menu/frmProduct.aspx?productId=9&countryCode=USA&languageCode=ENG

Get it eaten.

You're from Argentina right? Can you have a word with Lionel Messi next time he pops in and tell him the Wednesday are interested in signing him? Ta.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 5:05 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Mrs Esteban's favourite.

http://www.subway.com/applications/menu/frmProduct.aspx?productId=9&countryCode=USA&languageCode=ENG

Get it eaten.

You're from Argentina right? Can you have a word with Lionel Messi next time he pops in and tell him the Wednesday are interested in signing him? Ta.

Ohh, I get it now. We have one of those Subways here downtown. But only one, and I've never bought anything. So it's good, huh?

Yes, I'm from Argentina. Will talk to him (I affectionately call him Lazlo). Who is interested in signing him?

Aletways
Aletways Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 5:18 PM Quote
THE SUBWAY'S ON STRIKE?????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
How am I going to get to work??? Buuuu!!!

Edit: I got to the office by subway =o) .

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 8:10 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Ohh, I'm very aware that it's wrong :oP. I'm a responsible person who likes to fulfill her duties, that's why I needed to be convinced that it's ok to call in sick (my dad finished the convincing part). I really feel like crap right now, so I just talked to my boss and he said it was ok, that I shouldn't worry and that I sounded terrible xD.
So now I have the whole day to work on my paper.
Thanks everyone!

Typing to Reach You wrote:

No, sir! :oP.
What's an Italian BMT?

It's got bacon and salami and stuff like that I think. :D It tastes good anyhoo. See here

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 8:14 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:
THE SUBWAY'S ON STRIKE?????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
How am I going to get to work??? Buuuu!!!

Edit: I got to the office by subway =o) .

Don't work today girls!!!!!

that's my suggestion =)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 8:19 PM Quote
Fuck work !

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 9:09 PM Quote
Go for it , just take a long siesta

Aletways
Aletways Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 10:28 PM Quote
Not only I came to work, but in my free moments I wrote part of the paper, and now I'm alone at the office finishing it. I'm so responsible!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 12 May, 2008 10:35 PM Quote
way to go che pibe

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:10 PM