Travis

the way its recorded...
accousticbug
accousticbug Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 2:11 PM Quote
has anyone noticed a difference in the quality between coldplays song and travis's song thru the KCRW stream?

i know its just a stream, but gee it sounds SO much better than coldplays. it just came thru so clear and natural. coldplays sounded over compressed and .. just not as good when you compare them

i REALLY cant wait to listen to the CD

Re: the way its recorded...
jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 2:22 PM Quote
yes, i talk about it with my friend, both songs together, and how different they are, travis's more natural, at the same time intense with j smith.

accousticbug
accousticbug Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 2:29 PM Quote
yeaaaah, it is more intense! the songs better than coldplays too.. i quite like coldplay but that was just so MOR even for them. really quite boring.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 2:35 PM Quote
I hear what you mean. Its odd though, Coldplays albums have always had a more open and airy sound, if that makes any sense but this track didnt sound like that.

Iam still stuck on bizarre though lol

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 2:43 PM Quote
Well i do like the Travis sound but i'm also really pleased with the new Coldplay song. The more i listen to both, the more i like. What a great year for music. I was laughing with my mate that its illegal to not release an album this year. lol Ok, ok, i'm sure there are plenty of bands that aren't releasing albums but most of my favourite bands are. Oasis, Kasabian, The Verve, Travis, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Keane... lol

And of course, not that i'm too interested, but Guns n Roses are finally releasing their album this year!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 2:51 PM Quote
accousticbug wrote:
has anyone noticed a difference in the quality between coldplays song and travis's song thru the KCRW stream?

i know its just a stream, but gee it sounds SO much better than coldplays. it just came thru so clear and natural. coldplays sounded over compressed and .. just not as good when you compare them

i REALLY cant wait to listen to the CD

Its what Fran has been saying about the tapes etc ...incredibly good sound

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 5:16 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Well i do like the Travis sound but i'm also really pleased with the new Coldplay song. The more i listen to both, the more i like. What a great year for music. I was laughing with my mate that its illegal to not release an album this year. lol Ok, ok, i'm sure there are plenty of bands that aren't releasing albums but most of my favourite bands are. Oasis, Kasabian, The Verve, Travis, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Keane... lol

And of course, not that i'm too interested, but Guns n Roses are finally releasing their album this year!

Yeah I thought the same! When I saw the list of albums released in 2008, I thought it was a little too good to be true. Travis, Coldplay, Oasis, Keane, R.E.M, and was it U2 as well? Amazing stuff. Have to say I'm looking forward to Keane most after Travis.

Having said that I've not got REM's new'n yet, and I'm not too bothered about getting it for some reason. Anyone else got it? Is it any good?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 6:04 PM Quote
Yeah REM too! There are quite a few others too that I've forgot. I like Paolo Nutini so I'll keep an ear out for that too.

The REM album is pretty good. I don't have any others (except the first few, im going through them bit by bit) so I can't really compare compared to their other albums.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:49 PM