Legend! The thread is! :-)

Re: Travis Radio Spotter
Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 29 Apr, 2008 12:43 PM Quote
hehehehe just can't help myself ! :-P

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Tue 29 Apr, 2008 12:47 PM Quote
WDIAROM was on the radio on sunday whilst my dad was listening to it. Also the Turn video was on this morning just as i flicked over

Hey you two. How's it going? Champy not spoken to you in ages!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 29 Apr, 2008 1:04 PM Quote
oh cool! Haven't seen a Travis video in aages. Mind I guess I'm not watching the right channels lol

Doing fine... quite busy but feeling all sparkly today. so all's well.

Are you going to any of the summer Travis gigs ?

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Tue 29 Apr, 2008 1:13 PM Quote
Sparkly eh? Not bad! Ha ha. I feel great. We had a special day in the library on saturday promoting it and doing little quizzes where you could win a book voucher every hour. I kept some of the children's ones to one side and picked out a little girl who had worked so hard at finding her answers. This girl wasn't into reading and wasn't very good at it but she was being encouraged by her grandma to join the library and borrow some books. So because she'd worked so hard and needed the encouragement i decided to let her win lol. It happened to be that she is a pupil at my mum's school so instead of telling her i decided to give the prize to my mum and she presented it in front of the girl in front of the whole school. I felt good enough about doing that but i got a phone call this morning from her grandma thanking me so much for the voucher and telling me that the girl was disappointed when she didn't find out on saturday because she thought she hadn't won and she came home beaming because she'd got this prize in front of the whole school. Her grandma told me that she hasn't stopped reading since and she's looking forward to taking the girl to Waterstones to buy her some books with her voucher. It was so nice of the lady to ring me to thank me (even though it was a county thing!) but it felt so good to know that this girl wants to read now and is so encouraged. She might even be back on thursday for more books!

So yeah i feel all good! Ha ha. Nope not going to any this summer, will have to wait for the new album tour...over a year since i've seen them, not good!! Are you?

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 29 Apr, 2008 1:57 PM Quote
awwww that's great! You really made this wee girl's day! young kids should all be encouraged to read books.

Yes sparkly hehe I've started going for a power walk first thing in the morning again and I think it really sparks me up, let's see how long I can keep it up ! lol

Nahh not going to any of them, they play in Cheeseland in July but we are in Scotland then. *sigh* So I'm a bit cheesed off about it because the Montreux Jazz Festival is one event I always wanted to go to. Never mind, a repetition of the Barrowland gig is what I'm really aiming for !

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Tue 29 Apr, 2008 2:14 PM Quote
Helen *the original* wrote:

Hey hey, Helly! Long time! It is al good here. Getting better with the Travis news. :-) How is the queen of Mancunians doing? I have though of you a lot while watching Control. We had many conversations on it. Good days. Miss them!

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Tue 29 Apr, 2008 5:29 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
awwww that's great! You really made this wee girl's day! young kids should all be encouraged to read books.

Yes sparkly hehe I've started going for a power walk first thing in the morning again and I think it really sparks me up, let's see how long I can keep it up ! lol

Nahh not going to any of them, they play in Cheeseland in July but we are in Scotland then. *sigh* So I'm a bit cheesed off about it because the Montreux Jazz Festival is one event I always wanted to go to. Never mind, a repetition of the Barrowland gig is what I'm really aiming for !

Yeah i was so happy that i could help make a small difference for her. Kids should read lots!

Oh aye, a gig at the Apollo will not be the same as the Barrowlands! It's typical that they play Chesseland when you're in Glasgow lol.

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Tue 29 Apr, 2008 5:32 PM Quote
champagnesupernova wrote:
Helen *the original* wrote:

Hey hey, Helly! Long time! It is al good here. Getting better with the Travis news. :-) How is the queen of Mancunians doing? I have though of you a lot while watching Control. We had many conversations on it. Good days. Miss them!

Hey missy. Yeah i read about that, bet you can't wait! You;re going to have to make a diary and report on the board with lots and lots of photos for us to see :D

I'm doing really well thanks, settled in my job and life is going great. I love Control so much! I knew the film would turn out fantastic and it did :) I miss those days too!

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 29 Apr, 2008 5:34 PM Quote
some boardies are spoiled
*moans and goes back to kitchen for a 4th Nutella + bread snack*

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:31 AM