Travis

amy mac- this is the life
Craig
Craig Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 9:24 PM Quote
ive had this album since friday and have been listening to it non stop since then, i have to stay we have a very talented girl here for somebody who writes her own songs is a very talented young songwriter singer here ive not heard a debut solo artist album as impressive as this for a very long time whats even better is she is a boardie too!!!. my favourite tracks are:

Run
This Is The Life
Poison Prince
MR Rock n Roll
Lets Start A Band
Barrowland Ballroom
Footballers Wife

its amazing that you'd think be the way she sounds singing that its sumone much older than 19, i have been very impressed by this album and im glad i brought it, i think amy will have a very long career in music what do you think?

Re: amy mac- this is the life
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 10:10 PM Quote
Err how come you only just got it now?! Its been out ages lol but hey agree its a dynamic first (or any , come to that!) album and speechless as to how she has put all this together at 19 . Brilliant .

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 10:25 PM Quote
Some people are slow to get albums, fuck me it took me *thinks* 6 years to get Definately Maybe! Haha.

Craig
Craig Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 10:31 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
Err how come you only just got it now?! Its been out ages lol but hey agree its a dynamic first (or any , come to that!) album and speechless as to how she has put all this together at 19 . Brilliant .

yup im totally speechless too to how its been put together, you'd think she was alot older!!

Craig
Craig Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 10:32 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Some people are slow to get albums, fuck me it took me *thinks* 6 years to get Definately Maybe! Haha.

yup im always slow at getting sum albums but im really glad i brought this one. i think its amazing

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 11:30 PM Quote
She's a boardie y'know!

Boardies make good music ;)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 2:27 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
She's a boardie y'know!

So true! We're a very talented bunch. Just check the official Friends thread for proof. ;)

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 7:15 AM Quote
Well, it took me also a while to "find" Amy... in Switzerland, things are always a bit slower and later... but I'm proud to say that I found her before "Mr. Rock & Roll" was on the radio everyday. That's fast for Switzerland!!! ;)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 11:10 AM Quote
Delia24Oct07 wrote:
Well, it took me also a while to "find" Amy... in Switzerland, things are always a bit slower and later... but I'm proud to say that I found her before "Mr. Rock & Roll" was on the radio everyday. That's fast for Switzerland!!! ;)

She sent me a message last week- i think she's playing or something in Switzerland this week! Friday/Saturday she said

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 12:16 PM Quote
yep I 've heard... at the Mr. Switzerland election ! yuk ! you wont see me there Amy or not!lol

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 12:26 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
She's a boardie y'know!

Yes. Every time I hear her on the radio or see her on TV, I think 'it's a boardie, yay!' lol

Hopefully I'll be hearing another boardie on the radio too, soon ;o)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 12:36 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
yep I 've heard... at the Mr. Switzerland election ! yuk ! you wont see me there Amy or not!lol

Oh come on, you're not going? Think of all the oiled muscle! If that's the kind of Mr.-election we're talking about lol

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 12:40 PM Quote
Who is a boardie??? And who is coming to Switzerland??? Sorry for my extremely stupid questions, sometimes I'm not sure if I understood everything as it's been said, that's why I don't answer to the most of the threads here... but I'm trying to push my English... ;) And this board helps much!

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 12:58 PM Quote
Delia24Oct07 wrote:
Who is a boardie??? And who is coming to Switzerland??? Sorry for my extremely stupid questions, sometimes I'm not sure if I understood everything as it's been said, that's why I don't answer to the most of the threads here... but I'm trying to push my English... ;) And this board helps much!

You're a boardie too :o)
A boardie is someone who posts on this board, and Amy MacDonald used to post here as AmyMac. Therefore, she's a boardie.

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Wed 02 Apr, 2008 1:27 PM Quote
I knew that I was a boardie *lol*, I first heard about that word when Eledh wrote something about it - after a while I realized that it got to be a member in the board here! *smile* But thanks for your help anyway, I'm always glad if someone explains me anything!

Wow, Amy's here... so she told that she's coming to Switzerland again? I think she was in Zurich a few weeks ago, unfortunately I heard about it when it was just over. Can anyone give me some details about the upcoming concert please?

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:10 PM