Aída
Aída Posted Sat 08 Mar, 2008 5:06 PM Quote

Aída
Aída Posted Sat 08 Mar, 2008 7:03 PM Quote

Re: My The Cure Gig's Pics
spid
spid Posted Sat 08 Mar, 2008 8:36 PM Quote
HI there Aida,

I liked the CUre in the 80's - first time round - didn't even realise they were stil going. The hair isn't as big as I remember.

Aída
Aída Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 5:49 PM Quote

spid
spid Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 7:56 PM Quote
Sorry for the tardy reply - been really busy. I'm a really old fogey (40+). *Shakes hand back and offers a polo mint* I'm not terribly photogenic so the ones I put on my profile are about as good as I put on a public forum. I have 3 rugrats and a gorgoeus hubby (even if I do sya it myself - now he IS photogenic). Unfortunately the rugrats have stopped my gigs days - I saw Travis at Christmas and before that the last gig I went to was over 13 yeas ago! Fleetwood Mac with some very dodgy supports (Hall and Oates!!!!!!). I haven't met Travis - we had to get back for the babysitter.
You have a good taste in bands especially for one so young! Indie seemd to nearly die a death in the late 80's early 90's and I lived in an musical quagmire. Anyway, enough for now, third child needs his hair washed. NIce to meet you, another mint?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 8:25 PM Quote
Aída wrote:
Hey there spid, thanks for replying. See, it wasn't that much of an effort (that's why people, in my opinion don't have the spirit we had before) I've been around for 5 years (with another ID before). Even if I didn't like whoever's band pics I'd bump in and say, oh nice, did u have fun? Never mind, don't intend to be boring.

To be honest I didn't reply to your Cure thread because the first post I read was in your "this board sucks" thread. You've posted a handful of times before then but I can't recall encountering you before.

So I found myself thinking, "why do I want to interact with someone who is coming seemingly out of left field and basically insulting everyone because no one responded to her post?"

I never was around the old board so I don't know you and you don't know me so my impression is only based on that post. From your friendly banter with Spid and the bands and films you like I imagine that you and I could have things to chat about. I think my first impression was wrong and unfair. Maybe if you post and interact some more with us newbies your impression will change too.

You're right, I guess it is nice board manners to acknowledge someone's post but it is also perhaps also nice to give Travis fans the benefit of the doubt and not get ticked when people don't respond to a post from someone they might not know at all.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 8:34 PM Quote
I just have to say I don't wish to be insulted just because I don't respond to everything someone may post. And people shouldn't take it all so seriously, I'm sure everyone on here is decent but also has other things to do, different interests and various other things which may mean they don't feel the need to reply to everything. I certainly don't expect anyone to respond to everything I say, I dont see why anyone else should. I may come across as a bit blunt here, but I don't like fannying around.

Just need to get that off my chest.

Edit: I'd also like to point out I've been on here for about 7 years (like you under different IDs), people come and go, but it's still an awesome place, and faaar more friendlier than other messageboards and forums I've been on!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 8:58 PM Quote
Word, Anne.

Aida, I suppose now that you've insulted us by basically saying we aren't as friendly as those on the old board for not replying to your Cure post, that you're finally going to get the replies to this thread, or the attention, that you wanted.

Like Grinner said, not everyone is going to reply to every thread or find everything on here interesting. Don't get all bent out of shape about it. It happens to all of us.

But regardless, I hope that you can find a way to make new friends here...because I think it's a pretty cool place.

mili
mili Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 10:02 PM Quote
Wow, so the Cure is still going strong. I saw them in Helsinki last century (I'm the same age group with Spid), and it wasn't the best gig ever. I had the concert t-shirts in action for a long time, though.

Aída
Aída Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 10:10 PM Quote

spid
spid Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 10:29 PM Quote
Aída wrote:

3 kids, age, hair color? need help washing hairs? been a babisitter for 3 years :D
*wants a pic of that photogenic ruggrat*

xxxxxxx

Aída

13 - brown hair blue/green eyes girl, 11 - auburn hair blue/grey eyes girl, 8 auburn hair hazel eyes boy. Babysitting services always needed but I think we may be a bit out in the sticks! And I pay absolutely crapply (round here I can get one of the lasses from the block (liver in in the RAF) for a bath and a home cooked meal. Will try to get kids photo on avatar for a while (might be a bit old as they won't pose togehter anymore). Also photogenic Hubby not rugrat.

Aída
Aída Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 11:19 PM Quote

spid
spid Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 11:21 PM Quote
Last packet of the day, have as many as you need - going to bed now as school for kiddies tomorrow and need their mother to take them.

Aída
Aída Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 11:48 PM Quote

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Mon 10 Mar, 2008 12:20 AM Quote
Hey Babe,

Great picss thanks soooooooooo much for calling me from the gig it was amaizng to here a great band......wish they would come here

Sam xxxxxx

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:54 PM