Travis

A Fantastic girl called Denise
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 07 Mar, 2008 11:53 PM Quote
On the train to London to see Neil Young I met a really wonderful and very talented girl called Denise Leigh.

She sat closer to me, on the way back from the ladies and began chatting. I couldn't help but notice how beautiful she was and how her clothes looked so cool and her hair was great and she was really happy and cheerful.

But this was no ordinary girl .Denise was blind.

It turned out she travels all over the world in her opera singing career . She has 3 children and her husband ( second) is also blind. He is also a musician and he plays accordian and piano (?) and apparently does some busking in Newcastle. They are remarkable. They also both have degrees.

Denise was on a day trip to channel 4 to do an interview for a program.

I complimented her appearance ( she looked great) and asked her how she managed so amazingly well with everything. She told me her children help her with clothes and they do their shopping on the internet ( I dont think she will mind me telling you this). She said it was more difficult to go to places locally than a holiday abroad as they dont have transport and rely on friends to arrange a day out.

She then related an appaling story how the state wouldn't help her husbands need to travel to work via taxi and so he ended working for a £1 an hour after having to pay for his own taxis . They are not rich.

But I tell you, they are inspirational , don't you think?

At the end of the journey I was sad to see her go but she confidently and happily went on her way . The exerience of meeting her was so amazing and one I will always remember when I feel the world is getting me down.

Visit her web www.deniseleigh.com :)

Re: A Fantastic girl called Denise
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 08 Mar, 2008 4:02 AM Quote
oh I knowi a adecnise, gbut hse had a sdteoke.

ih .

spid
spid Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 7:58 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

ih .

Were you typing blind Grinner?

spid
spid Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 7:59 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
On the train to London to see Neil Young I met a really wonderful and very talented girl called Denise Leigh.

She sat closer to me, on the way back from the ladies and began chatting. I couldn't help but notice how beautiful she was and how her clothes looked so cool and her hair was great and she was really happy and cheerful.

But this was no ordinary girl .Denise was blind.

It turned out she travels all over the world in her opera singing career . She has 3 children and her husband ( second) is also blind. He is also a musician and he plays accordian and piano (?) and apparently does some busking in Newcastle. They are remarkable. They also both have degrees.

Denise was on a day trip to channel 4 to do an interview for a program.

I complimented her appearance ( she looked great) and asked her how she managed so amazingly well with everything. She told me her children help her with clothes and they do their shopping on the internet ( I dont think she will mind me telling you this). She said it was more difficult to go to places locally than a holiday abroad as they dont have transport and rely on friends to arrange a day out.

She then related an appaling story how the state wouldn't help her husbands need to travel to work via taxi and so he ended working for a £1 an hour after having to pay for his own taxis . They are not rich.

But I tell you, they are inspirational , don't you think?

At the end of the journey I was sad to see her go but she confidently and happily went on her way . The exerience of meeting her was so amazing and one I will always remember when I feel the world is getting me down.

Visit her web www.deniseleigh.com :)

It's great when you meet someone like that isn't it - really makes your day.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 8:04 PM Quote
spid wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

ih .

Were you typing blind Grinner?

Ohh man not again. Blind drunk :P

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 8:26 PM Quote
I got distracted last night and didn't respond to this post but thanks for sharing. That was a neat story and I enjoyed checking out her website.

And Grinner's drunk typing.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 10:11 PM Quote
Thanks for posting your story. Nice to know there are people like Denise out there. Inspirational :-)

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 10:14 PM Quote
=) There are some really amazing people out there!

spid
spid Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 10:23 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

And you and your amazing typing are one of them!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 10:25 PM Quote
spid wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

And you and your amazing typing are one of them!

Awww I'm far from amazing! I think I'm a bit of a tit really, and my typing... well I suppose my drunken tappings are pretty special haha. You should hear my drunken voicemails ;-)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 09 Mar, 2008 10:26 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

You should hear my drunken voicemails ;-)

Oh I wish! I bet they're too funny!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:57 PM