Travis

Juno Falls
dee
dee Posted Fri 22 Feb, 2008 11:31 PM Quote
Juno Falls singing "call me al" on an irish show.
did a nice job i think.
i know there's a few fans round here so i thought i'd give it a heads up.

Re: Juno Falls
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 23 Feb, 2008 7:35 AM Quote
Yes nice.:-) Saw him in Dalby Forrest

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Sat 23 Feb, 2008 8:50 AM Quote
Yayyy!!!!
I saw it yesterday
what a great performance

:)!!!

I love that guy!
he's a sweetie
;D

edit: yeah, I'm a BIG fan xD!

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sat 23 Feb, 2008 9:57 PM Quote
dee wrote:
Juno Falls singing "call me al" on an irish show.
did a nice job i think.
i know there's a few fans round here so i thought i'd give it a heads up.

I saw Juno Falls (a good one), i added like a friend on myspace.
The music is so lovely, and pretty. I was talking with Fran last show at Cambridge, and Juno Falls is a favorite one of Fran (and a good friend of him)

kiwi
kiwi Posted Sat 23 Feb, 2008 10:08 PM Quote
Hey dee! Long time, no speak.

Yeah, that's Podge & Rodge isn't it?! cringey show, but good version! You heading to the March date?

dee
dee Posted Sat 23 Feb, 2008 10:17 PM Quote
hey hannah!
i'm on the most horrible three weeks of my life when he's playing so i'm gonna be a bit too stressed to attend methinks.
it's my final teaching practice before they decide if it's safe to send me out into the world of teaching kids their abc's and how to read good...

kiwi
kiwi Posted Sat 23 Feb, 2008 10:36 PM Quote
Hey!

Oh no, you're in third year?! But it was surely only yesterday when we were talking about what you wanted to do at uni?! Freaky!
How's that going? Not had a complete breakdown in front of any 5 year olds yet? :) You should go, even if you're stressed! A nice break. I'm hoping to go in Limerick in April.

dee
dee Posted Sat 23 Feb, 2008 10:51 PM Quote
are you back in ireland?
or are you just trying to get a rep as "person who travels the most for every gig"?
;)
yeah, i know, years have flown.
i feel too young to be in charge of little kids.
some of my friends are just turning 20 now, think how they feel!

kiwi
kiwi Posted Sat 23 Feb, 2008 11:02 PM Quote
Haha, do you think I'm that person? :P No, I'm not in Ireland, but since I'm at uni, and get frequent and ridiculously long holidays my mum get's me to come over every few months, this time it'll coincide with a gig (how very convenient!!)

Maybe you should take a year or two off then, for my sake, so I'm less freaked out..yeah my friend Sarah's 19 doing her placement. How are you going to cope going on into the wide world?! I think I'm getting sympathy panics on your behalf! Do you reckon you'll stay in Ireland?

dee
dee Posted Sat 23 Feb, 2008 11:08 PM Quote
i'm deffo gonna stay for a few years in dublin- i love it here, most of the time anyhoo. i even feel too young to decide yet where to go....
i might go back to college in a few years and further my studies, think i'd like to write kids books.
i have another year in trinity while i'm (fingers crossed) working full-time as a teacher next year.
gonna be tough heading into lectures at night, being a responsible adult during day and trying to figure out if i still qualify for student-priced drinks at nights out.
how are things going for you?

ridiculously long holidays sound very nice-part of what drew me to be a teacher heeheehee

kiwi
kiwi Posted Sat 23 Feb, 2008 11:19 PM Quote
dee wrote:
i'm deffo gonna stay for a few years in dublin- i love it here, most of the time anyhoo. i even feel too young to decide yet where to go....
i might go back to college in a few years and further my studies, think i'd like to write kids books.
i have another year in trinity while i'm (fingers crossed) working full-time as a teacher next year.
gonna be tough heading into lectures at night, being a responsible adult during day and trying to figure out if i still qualify for student-priced drinks at nights out.

ridiculously long holidays sound very nice-part of what drew me to be a teacher heeheehee

Yeah I love Dublin, was considering living there last summer, but then I got lazy and didn't. So you get the best part of both worlds for a year? Sweeeet. I think you do qualify for discounts if you're trudging into lectures at night! Just not too many...showing up hungover's not cool haha. You should do a masters or something...put off the real world for a bit longer.

Meh, it's pretty boring here, lots of reading, though we've a 4 week training excavation at the beginning of the summer (cutting into quality lazing time!) I caught the wrong flight back from limerick after xmas and missed a test so I've already failed a module..dammit!

You may get the sweet holidays, but you have to do piles of marking every night!! mwa ha ha

dee
dee Posted Sat 23 Feb, 2008 11:31 PM Quote
kiwi wrote:
dee wrote:

Yeah I love Dublin, was considering living there last summer, but then I got lazy and didn't. So you get the best part of both worlds for a year? Sweeeet. I think you do qualify for discounts if you're trudging into lectures at night! Just not too many...showing up hungover's not cool haha. You should do a masters or something...put off the real world for a bit longer.

Meh, it's pretty boring here, lots of reading, though we've a 4 week training excavation at the beginning of the summer (cutting into quality lazing time!) I caught the wrong flight back from limerick after xmas and missed a test so I've already failed a module..dammit!

You may get the sweet holidays, but you have to do piles of marking every night!! mwa ha ha

ooh that sucks:(
i'm doing an "excavation in a box" with my kids of celtic stuff found in bogs.
it's gonna be hilarious.
any tips?

kiwi
kiwi Posted Sun 24 Feb, 2008 1:42 AM Quote
dee wrote:
kiwi wrote:
dee wrote:

it's gonna be hilarious.
any tips?

ahh my computer keeps on disconnecting...
haha that should be fun! as long as they don't mess everything up...
i'm doing a presentation on bog bodies in a few weeks.
any tips? ask me in 2 years, i haven't a clue at the moment!!

kiwi
kiwi Posted Sun 24 Feb, 2008 1:43 AM Quote
dee wrote:
kiwi wrote:
dee wrote:

it's gonna be hilarious.
any tips?

ahh my computer keeps on disconnecting...
haha that should be fun! as long as they don't mess everything up...
i'm doing a presentation on bog bodies in a few weeks.
any tips? ask me in 2 years, i haven't a clue at the moment!!

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Sun 24 Feb, 2008 7:04 AM Quote
I saw it today!!!
great movie!!!! really!!!!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:59 AM