Travis

Accordion!!
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 10 Feb, 2008 1:45 AM Quote
So which new song features this fine instrument??

http://i27.tinypic.com/15znw54.jpg

:D YES! I love the accordion! One of my favorite Coldplay songs, "Warning Sign," uses it and I think it sounds absolutely beautiful. It's pretty cool that the guys are experimenting a bit with new instruments. The banjo has always brought something special and unique to Travis' songs. I loved the harmonica in "Colder" and now a big gong and an accordion! Sweet! :)

Re: Accordion!!
barby
barby Posted Sun 10 Feb, 2008 2:06 AM Quote
It´s stange but interesting!!
I like the harmonica in colder too. Maybe some song sounds like a "tango"? XD That would be really strange and curious. I wanna hear the new album right now...

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 10 Feb, 2008 2:09 AM Quote
I think the accordion sounds romantic and kind of melancholy if used the right way.

Maybe someone who went to one of the new shows can tell us?!? And I know what you mean, I want album 6 NOW!!!! I can't stand this!!!! :P

TK23
TK23 Posted Sun 10 Feb, 2008 3:05 AM Quote
Hmm, very interesting! I also love the harmonica in Colder.

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Sun 10 Feb, 2008 5:04 AM Quote
AH! This is sooo exciting!

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Sun 10 Feb, 2008 7:46 AM Quote
TK23 wrote:
Hmm, very interesting! I also love the harmonica in Colder.

I love it too

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sun 10 Feb, 2008 10:50 AM Quote
Haha, I was going to post this last night, but couldn't remember the English name for it (only what it's called in Swedish, lol - it's 'dragspel' if anyone's curious).
I was thrilled to see Claes still in the band, and I c-a-n-n-o-t waaaait to hear the new material! Surely someone must be able to spoil us with just a small clip of a new song?

Monica
Monica Posted Sun 10 Feb, 2008 7:32 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
:D YES! I love the accordion! One of my favorite Coldplay songs, "Warning Sign," uses it and I think it sounds absolutely beautiful.

Warning Sign is one of my favourites too!

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sun 10 Feb, 2008 9:59 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
So which new song features this fine instrument??

No idea, but i remeber when Travis was recording his new album (TBWNN) Andy was playing an accordion...

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:37 PM