Travis

If you want to lose a few pounds
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 1:19 AM Quote
Stick a pink piece of paper on yourself and the fat'll all just disappear. Or so this says.

“Don't give up your social life and become a slave to the gym to achieve that perfect body. Simply put on the Pink Patch and take off that stubborn stone - it's that easy.”

*Cue pictures of super-slim girls*

Riiight. I just felt the need to post this…I’m bemused by it. It was an advertisement on facebook. The product itself is hilarious because its just so over-the-top, but I find what it’s promoting, or perhaps more how it’s promoting it, kind of disturbing. Do we really aspire to being in a society where you don't have to work for anything? And the whole skinny-celeb culture it's blatantly tapping in to, and the confused teenage girls it's trying to exploit. Grr... soz, I guess this is just a product of my media/consumer culture courses I'm doing. :p

Re: If you want to lose a few pounds
monkey
monkey Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 2:10 AM Quote
one thing for sure is your wallet will be a few pounds lighter (£35.95 a month)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 4:43 AM Quote
I think it sounds good ( sorry! not the spirit of the thread , I know!) The ingredients are natural and it just may work? Also I have just stopped drinking coffee all day and swapped to green tea and I do feel much better.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 6:02 AM Quote
I can't believe that people would actually fall for this. The only way to lose weight is to eat less calories than you burn. Simple and yet as complicated as that.

Then again, I probably shouldn't underestimate the placebo effect.

mili
mili Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 6:43 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
one thing for sure is your wallet will be a few pounds lighter (£35.95 a month)

You'll probably lose weight a bit, too, since you can't afford to buy as much food as before.

Joe
Joe Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 11:59 AM Quote
Any suugestions for putting on a bit of weight? I've always been a bit skinny for my height, which isn't great when you're a bloke. Its not through a lack of eating. I have a balanced diet, but also enjoy sometimes stuffing my face with choolate. I'm also rather partial to a good pint of ale, so I down a fair few of those every week. BUT I've just can't put on weight. Now, I could just go to the gym and do body building, but I'm allergic to anything that involves effort of any kind. So I guess I'm stuck with being a lightweight. The beer makes me feel O.K. with who I'm am though. ;-)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 12:02 PM Quote
Joe wrote:
Any suugestions for putting on a bit of weight? I've always been a bit skinny for my height, which isn't great when you're a bloke. Its not through a lack of eating. I have a balanced diet, but also enjoy sometimes stuffing my face with choolate. I'm also rather partial to a good pint of ale, so I down a fair few of those every week. BUT I've just can't put on weight. Now, I could just go to the gym and do body building, but I'm allergic to anything that involves effort of any kind. So I guess I'm stuck with being a lightweight. The beer makes me feel O.K. with who I'm am though. ;-)

As you say yourself, you're not ready to make an effort so why bother thinking about it? lol

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 12:29 PM Quote
Joe wrote:

Guinness, and it's good for you!!

Dubz

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 12:44 PM Quote
Greggs.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 12:57 PM Quote
Joe wrote:

Try these steps, but just avoid the exercise one. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/10-Tongue.gif Or, why not try a patch that reguarly supplies the bloodstream with fat? There probably is one somewhere...lol. Complete with "warning, this product may induce heart attacks" sticker.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 12:57 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Greggs.

Greggs' Pasties are the F@cking Bomb!!

Can't get them over here, bah!!!

Dubz

Joe
Joe Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 1:02 PM Quote
Yeah! Their traditional Cornish kicks arse!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 1:15 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
I think it sounds good ( sorry! not the spirit of the thread , I know!) The ingredients are natural and it just may work? Also I have just stopped drinking coffee all day and swapped to green tea and I do feel much better.

Whilst I'm not exactly convinced with the product itself, it's more the way it's advertised that bothers me. I mean, "You should NOT spend your girlish days worrying about your weight. But you want to be skinny and wear all those cute little dresses" isn't exactly the type of messages we should be giving, surely? It all so narcissistic.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 2:33 PM Quote
I want to be skinny and wear cute dresses.

haz
haz Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 2:37 PM Quote

if you want to lose a few pounds buy a few copies of paula abdul's new song.

is this thing on?

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:23 AM