Travis

Amy Macdonald talking about Travis/Fran
Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 28 Jan, 2008 4:53 AM Quote
Some of you may have seen this clip of former boardie AmyMac already, but it's the first time I've seen it on YouTube, so I thought I'd post. :)

Click

Re: Amy Macdonald talking about Travis/Fran
deebee
deebee Posted Mon 28 Jan, 2008 11:58 AM Quote
Thanks Nikki! I missed out on the tickets for the Travis club gigs so I've booked my plane ticket etc and I'm seeing Amy live in Wolverhampton instead. Never seen her live but have heard good things :-)

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Mon 28 Jan, 2008 4:53 PM Quote
Thanks for posting Nikki. Amy's so sweet. And I think I'd react the same way she did if Fran was singing my songs :-)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 28 Jan, 2008 9:06 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
I missed out on the tickets for the Travis club gigs so I've booked my plane ticket etc and I'm seeing Amy live in Wolverhampton instead. Never seen her live but have heard good things :-)

Thanks for posting Nikki, that's a nice interview.

Sorry if I'm being annoying, but I'm seeing both Travis and Amy over three days in Bristol and Exeter. It's going to be such an amazing few days!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 29 Jan, 2008 1:21 AM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
Thanks for posting Nikki. Amy's so sweet. And I think I'd react the same way she did if Fran was singing my songs :-)

Yeah, I like when she said she was getting a lump in her throat when Fran was singing her songs back to her and she wanted to cry. I would have felt the same way. She seems like a sweet girl. :)

Hope you guys going to the club shows have lots of fun!!!

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 29 Jan, 2008 11:23 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
deebee wrote:
I missed out on the tickets for the Travis club gigs so I've booked my plane ticket etc and I'm seeing Amy live in Wolverhampton instead. Never seen her live but have heard good things :-)

Sorry if I'm being annoying, but I'm seeing both Travis and Amy over three days in Bristol and Exeter. It's going to be such an amazing few days!

Go on rub salt in the wounds!!! I wanted to go to the Cambridge gig but just as well I didn't book my flights for the 10th!!! I then thought about getting ticks of Ebay for the Bristol gig on the 11th but hubby said it was too expensive, boo!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 29 Jan, 2008 12:10 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
deebee wrote:

Go on rub salt in the wounds!!! I wanted to go to the Cambridge gig but just as well I didn't book my flights for the 10th!!! I then thought about getting ticks of Ebay for the Bristol gig on the 11th but hubby said it was too expensive, boo!

paaah I have long learned to live with the fact that I'm usually not anywhere near a Travis gig when they happen! Only once, Travis announced a gig after I booked my flights to Glasgow and it was bang in the middle of the 4 days I stayed there! I'm still hoping for a repeat lol

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 29 Jan, 2008 4:53 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
deebee wrote:
deebee wrote:

paaah I have long learned to live with the fact that I'm usually not anywhere near a Travis gig when they happen! Only once, Travis announced a gig after I booked my flights to Glasgow and it was bang in the middle of the 4 days I stayed there! I'm still hoping for a repeat lol

Blimey, THAT was lucky!!!
I planned my whole 10 yr wedding anniversary last year around the Apollo gig in London last May. Everyone said "ooh how romantic, trip to London, nice hotel, restaurants etc" and each time i would add "....and Travis at the Hammersmith Apollo" Luckily my husband is sort of a fan too, hehe!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 29 Jan, 2008 5:16 PM Quote
soo cool! Unfortunately my hubby is not that much a Travis fan :( he just laughs whenwever I say that I booked a flight to Glasgow, for him it means I'm off to see Travis! I wish it was lol

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 7:29 AM Quote
Ursina wrote:
soo cool! Unfortunately my hubby is not that much a Travis fan :( he just laughs whenwever I say that I booked a flight to Glasgow, for him it means I'm off to see Travis! I wish it was lol

What's your Glasgow connection other than Travis? Are you a Scottish lass living abroad or a true Swiss? I have a good excuse getting flights to the UK because I play homesick, hubby then gives in and I try and slip in a gig whilst we're there, haha!!!!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 8:44 AM Quote
ahhhhh,the fine art of playing homesick ! that's exactly what I do ! lol
Born in Cheeseland, bred in Glasgow, family all in Scotland including daughter, me and hubby here in Switzerland trying to steal some of the Swiss' money :-D So every 3 months or so I'm off to Glasgow, just as well there's Easyjet!

Where abouts in the UK are you from ?

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 2:35 PM Quote
Probably couldn't be further away! I was living and working in Brighton before heading to France. Dad still lives there. Mum in Ipswich. Brother and sisters all over the place, Woking, Harrogate and East Yorkshire. I don't go back every 3 months but try to get back once or twice a year so the boys can at least see their grandparents. I crave a good pub and chatting in English from time to time!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:59 PM