Travis

FAO Dubz
haz
haz Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 1:49 AM Quote
howdy me auld scour,

i've been listening to a lot of music by those old skool shoegazers Ride the past week or so, in particular their debut album "nowhere". i was wondering if you like this band and what your thought are on them. i never really gave them much attention back in the day but dang they were really a great band for such a young bunch, kind of like artic monkeys but you know, with talent ;)

http://www.avclub.com/content/files/images/ride-nowhere.jpg

Re: FAO Dubz
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 5:01 PM Quote

Yeah I can't actually remember much of their stuff, was there a Taste EP or something, I've a feeling they were kinda My Bloody Valentine only more melodic, possibly I could be wrong tho'. I've a vague recollection that I really used to like them.

Dubz

haz
haz Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 8:01 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Yeah I can't actually remember much of their stuff, was there a Taste EP or something, I've a feeling they were kinda My Bloody Valentine only more melodic, possibly I could be wrong tho'. I've a vague recollection that I really used to like them.

Dubz

hey man,
you're probably out on the razzle right now (it's nearly three in the afternoon here in Boston so you're definitely a good few jars in, !fair play!)

yeah, there was a few eps (including "Taste") and i agree with you that they did have that MBV flavor to their sound, definitely more accessible.

there's a bunch of Ride videos up on youtube so you can check them out there, see if some pre-Madchester memories are shook loose, worked for me :)

"vapour trail", "nowhere" and "seagull" are bona fide classic shoegazing tracks.

Edel
Edel Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 8:07 PM Quote
*butts in*

I really liked them. Andy Bell, their lead guitarist is with Oasis now

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:34 PM