Travis

Too Old......
DjelibayB
DjelibayB Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:31 AM Quote

My friend owns and runs a hairdresser in Stonehaven (the town I live) and has asked me to go to college to become a hairdresser and work for her as a stylist. I think that I would enjoy doing hairdressing but I think I am maybe too old for college.

I went to college after school and became a Travel Agent which I loved, but I left to start a family. That was 6 years ago!

The thought of starting a new vocation and going to college is exciting but at the same time fills me with dread. Am I too old?

Re: Too Old......
Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:34 AM Quote
You're never too old to learn something new. As long as you can accept being around younger people :o)

Anyhow, when I was in uni, I was one of the youngest there since quite a few of the other students had taken gap years or worked or whatever.

My best friend is 27 like me, and she's taking her A-levels right now. As I said, it's never too late :o)

KevInSweden
KevInSweden Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:34 AM Quote
Your 1 year older than me, and I don't think I'm over the hill just yet :)

If you think you'd enjoy it, go for it! You may only end up regretting it if you don't.

DjelibayB
DjelibayB Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:38 AM Quote
I think when you leave school and go straight to college you just go and get on with it. Its just a new place to learn. But I haven't been in an educational enviroment for 11 years it just seems frightening to go back to it. Just thought it was probably my age giving me the terrors hehe

harry potter
harry potter Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:38 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:
You're never too old to learn something new.

*agrees*

sure jones has trained me to pee sitting down now so i don't get the golden sprinklies on the rim of the bowl.

also, did i mention i'm pregnant?

gobby spazopolos
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DjelibayB
DjelibayB Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:41 AM Quote
harry potter wrote:
Hanne wrote:
You're never too old to learn something new.

*agrees*

sure jones has trained me to pee sitting down now so i don't get the golden sprinklies on the rim of the bowl.

gobby spazopolos
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hahaha Congrats Gobby Spazopolos!! Hope parenthood is everything you expect it to be.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:42 AM Quote
harry potter wrote:

*agrees*

gobby spazopolos
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, Mr Spazopolos, is it in fact Mrs Jones who is pregnant or is it just your racing hormones doing strange things to your body?

And well done to Mrs Jones for the successful potty training!

harry potter
harry potter Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:44 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:

Well, Mr Spazopolos, is it in fact Mrs Jones who is pregnant or is it just your racing hormones doing strange things to your body?

no jones no pregnant let's not be spreading rumours now :-)

successful potter potty training in effect yawl!

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:45 AM Quote
DjelibayB wrote:
I think when you leave school and go straight to college you just go and get on with it. Its just a new place to learn. But I haven't been in an educational enviroment for 11 years it just seems frightening to go back to it. Just thought it was probably my age giving me the terrors hehe

It's definitely one of those big decisions. If you're going to spend time with teenagers, the greatest challenge will probably be having to listen to them lol. Seriously, the challenge will probably be that you don't have fixed hours and that you need to re-learn the whole homework thing. But if you really want this, you'll get through it.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:46 AM Quote
harry potter wrote:
Hanne wrote:

no jones no pregnant let's not be spreading rumours now :-)

successful potter potty training in effect yawl!

Right, I will not be spreading rumours then. You just reminded me of my friend the other day when she announced that she's pregnant by saying "we are pregnant". I'm not sure her boyfriend agrees that he's pregnant too lol

DjelibayB
DjelibayB Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:46 AM Quote
Cheers =)

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:49 AM Quote
Nonsense. GO FOR IT!!!!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:50 AM Quote

[/quote]

"we are pregnant". [/quote]

ohhh my god ! that's awful that's the first time I've heard that !! lol

DjelibayB
DjelibayB Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:52 AM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Nonsense. GO FOR IT!!!!

Cheers, Gladly

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:55 AM Quote
You're a year younger than me, so if you're too old then there's no hope for me =(

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:28 AM