Travis

Tribute Bands
champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 1:24 AM Quote
What is the point of tribute bands, do you think?
I mean, why going somewhere only to see an imitation?

Just seen, Live Forever on DVD after a while and here I am thinking again howcome they pack up venues, for heaven's sake?

Re: Tribute Bands
KevInSweden
KevInSweden Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 1:25 AM Quote
If they're a good tribute band then I can understand it. Though having said that the only tribute bands I have seen (only a few at that) have been for The Beatles. And well they ain't touring that much anymore!

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 1:32 AM Quote
KevInSweden wrote:
If they're a good tribute band then I can understand it. Though having said that the only tribute bands I have seen (only a few at that) have been for The Beatles. And well they ain't touring that much anymore!

Good point! I don't mind young bands covering The Beatles, The Smiths, Nirvana (who are not touring anymore)..etc. But then again, I rather listening to them on CD.
Seriously, there are countless tribute bands for Oasis, Pearl Jam like big bands. That looks a bit odd to me. WHo are they kidding, I mean?

KevInSweden
KevInSweden Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 1:33 AM Quote
I still remember an Oasis tribute band releasing a single in the charts "I'd like to teach the world to sing". They were called 'Nowaysis', and would you believe some idiots even purchased it...... not me though, cough.

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 1:34 AM Quote
I didn't know the chart thing but yes I have heard of Nowaysis. They are also being mentioned in the documentary because their tickets are sold out in Glasgow! haha Holy Moses!!

KevInSweden
KevInSweden Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 1:35 AM Quote
haha, my excuse for buying the CD is that it was cheap and I was young and stupid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_XQdBWjQ1g Them playing on Top Of The Pops, scary I can remember watching that.

I doubt I'd like to watch them live. To be honest I probably wouldn't watch the real band live nowadays either, too many idiots go to the concerts, and well they've lost it a bit anyway.

harry potter
harry potter Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 1:36 AM Quote
my fave tribute band -

OY!

haz
xxx

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 1:39 AM Quote
KevInSweden wrote:
haha, my excuse for buying the CD is that it was cheap and I was young and stupid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_XQdBWjQ1g Them playing on Top Of The Pops, scary I can remember watching that.

I doubt I'd like to watch them live. To be honest I probably wouldn't watch the real band live nowadays either, too many idiots go to the concerts, and well they've lost it a bit anyway.

Haha! I wouldn't surprise if they one day come out like "we're better than Oasis, man!"!
Being young and lost is acceptable for an excuse in many cases but paying for these people. I don't know really. :-P

EDIT: And they made it to TOTP?!!?!??!

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 1:42 AM Quote
harry potter wrote:
my fave tribute band -

OY!

haz
xxx

LOL! Never seen this before. Excellent!

Off topic: He looks like Daniel Day Lewis there.

KevInSweden
KevInSweden Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 1:43 AM Quote
I think on that day I also had a high fever... :D

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 1:44 AM Quote
Fair enough. Although, buying a .....Spice Girls album would be more apt with that excuse! Lol

emmahealy
emmahealy Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 3:50 AM Quote
harry potter wrote:
my fave tribute band -

OY!

haz
xxx

Funny stuff....

eliza
eliza Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 3:54 AM Quote
Tribute bands can be fun!

My fav one is this Michael Jackson tribute band from North Carolina.

It definitely was one of the best shows I've seen.

Jimmy_Jimmy
Jimmy_Jimmy Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 12:38 PM Quote
How about this then:

Glastonbudget

They actually have a festival for tribute bands.

The best tribute act I have seen was a Queen tribute by a guy who won a stars in their eyes competition on tv a few years ago, Gary Mullen I think his name was.

He actually started off doing karaoke in the Horseshoe Bar from what i've heard.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 12:46 PM Quote
There's an all female tribute band doing the rounds in Dublin called...

Lez Zeppelin

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:50 PM