Travis

i blame the mmr vaccine 4 autism
Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 7:08 PM Quote
i really think this vaccine caused my AS and may have caused autism in many other people out there today. i strongly suggest that anyone having children opts in for a single vaccine 4 each so a single 1 4 mumps, measels and rubella. i think if i ever have any children of my own 1 day that i wud opt for this one instead of the 3 together anyone agree?

Re: i blame the mmr vaccine 4 autism
1/3 of Suggestive Leg
1/3 of Suggestive Leg Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 7:10 PM Quote
I think the evidence is a bit dubious because the age signs of autism often appear is about the age people have the vaccine.

Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 7:12 PM Quote
1/3 of Suggestive Leg wrote:
I think the evidence is a bit dubious because the age signs of autism often appear is about the age people have the vaccine.

the other things is that AS only affects boys n not girls ive not know any girls with it

Andrew
Andrew Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 7:14 PM Quote
What evidence?

As far as I'm aware there's never been any scientific study that shows a correlation.

1/3 of Suggestive Leg
1/3 of Suggestive Leg Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 7:17 PM Quote
Travis Rocker wrote:

the other things is that AS only affects boys n not girls ive not know any girls with it

Me too. Only ever come across boys with it. The ratio is supposed to be about 2:1.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 7:19 PM Quote
The research that was done proving the mmr vaccine caused autism used a very small test group. After hearing about the possibility of children getting it through the vaccine, I didn't want to vaccinate my child, but after my own further research I found that their research was not extensive enough. So far my son is a normal, I say normal loosely as he is my son ;) 2.5 year old boy :)

Andrew
Andrew Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 7:21 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
The research that was done proving the mmr vaccine caused autism used a very small test group.

...and a number of the children in the group already showed behavioural disorders pre-vaccine.

1/3 of Suggestive Leg
1/3 of Suggestive Leg Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 7:28 PM Quote
It's certainly not worth risking your child getting measles, mumps or rubella by not having the vaccine.

Though I managed to have all three diseases, and then the vaccine and am still ok *twitch*

Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 7:28 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
The research that was done proving the mmr vaccine caused autism used a very small test group. After hearing about the possibility of children getting it through the vaccine, I didn't want to vaccinate my child, but after my own further research I found that their research was not extensive enough. So far my son is a normal, I say normal loosely as he is my son ;) 2.5 year old boy :)

yeah i wasnt diagnosed myself till i was 10 years old just before leaving primary school

Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 7:28 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:

yeah i wasnt diagnosed myself till i was 10 years old just before leaving primary school

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 7:34 PM Quote
Andrew wrote:
carlottarocks wrote:
The research that was done proving the mmr vaccine caused autism used a very small test group.

...and a number of the children in the group already showed behavioural disorders pre-vaccine.

Exactly! :)

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 7:37 PM Quote
Travis Rocker wrote:
carlottarocks wrote:

I know there is still time for something to come up. In no way do I mean that we are all clear as my son is still so young. When you are a parent you have alot to think about and options to weigh, I feel I made the right decision and am not going to live in fear that my son will be diagnosed. At least he's not going to come up with some possibly fatal disease :)

Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 7:48 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
Travis Rocker wrote:
carlottarocks wrote:

I know there is still time for something to come up. In no way do I mean that we are all clear as my son is still so young. When you are a parent you have alot to think about and options to weigh, I feel I made the right decision and am not going to live in fear that my son will be diagnosed. At least he's not going to come up with some possibly fatal disease :)

well i hope your son never has autism its very hard to understand for those who dont know about it, i had terrible problems with teachers at my primary school and my family have been frustrated with lack of support in jobs and social skills like that, luckly im only at the mild end of the scale so it doesnt affect me as much as sum others are affected i feel sorryu for those who are badly affected by it at the top end. luckly im hopeful i can have a normal life.

im hopeful i will have my own children when im older 1 day

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 7:51 PM Quote
my kids had it and there are ok, i would prefer the injections to the diseases

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 7:53 PM Quote
Travis Rocker wrote:
carlottarocks wrote:
Travis Rocker wrote:
carlottarocks wrote:

well i hope your son never has autism its very hard to understand for those who dont know about it, i had terrible problems with teachers at my primary school and my family have been frustrated with lack of support in jobs and social skills like that, luckly im only at the mild end of the scale so it doesnt affect me as much as sum others are affected i feel sorryu for those who are badly affected by it at the top end. luckly im hopeful i can have a normal life.

im hopeful i will have my own children when im older 1 day

Sounds as though you've managed and done very well for yourself. There is far more information out there now than even just a couple of years ago, hopefully people will pay atention and be more understanding.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:38 PM