Travis

So no more singles then?
jambut
jambut Posted Sat 22 Dec, 2007 1:52 PM Quote
The latest announcement about the bands new album seems to signal the end of The Boy With No Name. I was really hoping to see Battleships unleashed on the charts.

thoughts?

Re: So no more singles then?
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 22 Dec, 2007 6:47 PM Quote
Can't say I'm too disappointed. I think their minds have moved on to the new one, which they're really excited about. Hopefully they'll be a good single / many good singles on it to get them a bit more popularity again :)

'Unleashed on the charts' sounds a bit optimistic, I think it would be more letting it flap at the tail end of the top 40, though the extra b-sides would have been appreciated!

eduardo_ss
eduardo_ss Posted Sun 23 Dec, 2007 9:38 AM Quote
I would like "Battleships" as a single also...

I think it is a song which deserved to be part of the Album's promotion.

Well, have a nice day!.

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Sun 23 Dec, 2007 10:17 AM Quote
Or maybe the question is : "So no more gigs then?"...I gave up waiting to see them here,in Turkey.It's a huge shame while thousands of fans are waiting for them,desperately.

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 23 Dec, 2007 8:08 PM Quote
jambut wrote:
The latest announcement about the bands new album seems to signal the end of The Boy With No Name. I was really hoping to see Battleships unleashed on the charts.

thoughts?

It's sort of like the Pipe Dreams of the record--it was supposed to be the next single but it never happened. Also, in one of the interviews they said that they'd used up all the tracks they wanted to, including b-sides for The Boy.

jambut
jambut Posted Mon 24 Dec, 2007 12:27 AM Quote
MusicGirl99 wrote:
jambut wrote:

thoughts?

It's sort of like the Pipe Dreams of the record--it was supposed to be the next single but it never happened. Also, in one of the interviews they said that they'd used up all the tracks they wanted to, including b-sides for The Boy.

I have a feeling the record company had alot to do with that though. I dont think they'd be prepared to release another single.

cornax
cornax Posted Mon 24 Dec, 2007 1:18 PM Quote
I agree that 'Battleships' is super radio friendly. But have no clue about the music biz so I'm sure there are all sorts of reasons why it's been shelved... http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/konfus/a015.gif

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:49 AM