Travis

The best of times/The worst of times
paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 17 Dec, 2007 11:51 PM Quote
We usually talk about this kinda thing at the end of the year at home- mentioning what has been the best and what has been the worst times of the past year.

For me, the two things that stand out as the best of times were meeting my favourite band for the first time, and getting a recording deal. Finally seeing The Verve should be in there, but the gig on saturday really was a bit of a disappointment!

The worst of times have both happened within the last week. Last wednesday was pretty bad- what with everything going all pear-shaped and that. And today was probably worse. My mum's best friend died on saturday, so we were at the funeral today- and it was tough. I don't really want to talk about my bad times, but if you have memories of 2007, good or bad, then this is the place to share em :)

Re: The best of times/The worst of times
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 18 Dec, 2007 2:33 AM Quote
I'm sorry bout the ba dtimes, pauly c =(

My good times were all of 2007
My bad times of this year, well I cant think of many, and this iam very thankful forrrrr.

Big love all round
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Tue 18 Dec, 2007 3:36 AM Quote
Best: Good year for concerts, getting to meet a couple bands (including everyone's favorite)

Worst: A lot of injuries/illnesses in the family, and my doggie's sick right now- it's been a very tearful past couple of days

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 18 Dec, 2007 3:49 AM Quote
I'm sorry about everyone's bad times :o(

Great year for me. Not in the fields I expected though. Amazing gigs, I met Travis and Keane, I got to go to the acoustic session both bands did here, I got two jobs, I started taking singing lessons, my parents finally split up (I know it sounds bad but it's been so much better for them after years of fighting). I met cool people on the board...

The worst... uni hasn't been gratifying. I got good grades and all, but academically it hasn't been too interesting except for a few things I read. It's been a pain in the ass. It's frustrating, because it's what I'm going to do the rest of my life, and I know it won't give me the best moments. And then, when I lost my first job, it was sad, but wasn't that bad.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 18 Dec, 2007 10:03 AM Quote
Best: a lot of parties, great vacations, meeting dozens of cool people (some awesome boardies included!;), making some important decisions. Good year for me!

Worst: my Grandpa spending months in hospital because of his heart and lungs. Bankruptcy of my uncles' firm. My best friend doing some extremely stupid things with her life.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 18 Dec, 2007 10:40 AM Quote
Best: A good, sort of quiet year in general, and two Travis gigs

Worst: My godson has been diagnosed to be terminally ill

Can't believe this year is already coming to an end, it's gone so fast...

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 18 Dec, 2007 11:49 AM Quote
oh erm I think 2007 was a pretty good year for me

good: 2 amazing Travis gigs, a splendid month back home in Scotland in summer..... daughter behaving herself for once, hubby back to his normal cheery self after a suffering from nicotine withdrawl symtoms :)

bad: lost appeal against planing permission for the neighbour to build a house right in front of our house
some family issues which need to be sorted over Xmas

but hey, who's complaining .. not me ! :)

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 18 Dec, 2007 4:01 PM Quote
Best: I spent three amazing weeks in London and I met a lot of great people there; and last course in uni was fantastic: good teachers and good subjects (I hate the subjects I study this course :S)

Worst: I can't think of anything bad this year.. Probably something bad happened to me, but I can't remember now.

th74
th74 Posted Tue 18 Dec, 2007 4:10 PM Quote
2007 was a good year for me, for which I'm grateful.

Best: Vacation to Scotland and Iceland, Travis gig, wonderful times with friends and family.

Worst: Mom is sick, but hopefully getting better.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Tue 18 Dec, 2007 7:48 PM Quote
2007 has been ok.....

Best - Seeing Travis at Sherwood Pines and then being a bit crazy and seeing them in Madrid too! And meeting Fran!

Worst - still not figuring out what the hell I'm going to do with my life!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 18 Dec, 2007 7:58 PM Quote

My Job, although extremely taxing, I actually enjoy it and I'm fucking good at it!! I'll be looking at a €10k raise when made permanent.

Recovery, still suffering the after effects of the accident in 2006. Including being unemployed for the first 6 months of this year, and not being able to find a job due to lack of confidence. I still wake up some mornings and can hardly move, but it tends to go away pretty soon.

Dubz

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Tue 18 Dec, 2007 8:33 PM Quote
BEST: there are many good things that happened this year, like my fisrt and my second Travis concert, when I met them, my second Keane concert and when I met that band too... my world turns around music hahaha!!!!

WORST: my grandfather died on march 21st

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 18 Dec, 2007 8:45 PM Quote
I usually save this for New Year but...

May the Best of Last Year be the Worst of this Year.

Good luck to all boardies, their families and friends.

Stevie
(Dubz)

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Tue 18 Dec, 2007 9:56 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Good luck to all boardies, their families and friends.

Stevie
(Dubz)

Thank you!

scummy
scummy Posted Tue 18 Dec, 2007 10:05 PM Quote
I hope everyone's better after those bad moments ;)

best: first Travis show, by far! the end of my high school life, making new travis friends, having fun being single haha

worst: my family apart from each other (i'm glad that's over), fights with my mum, my grandfather's health :'(

happy holidays to you all!

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:59 PM