Travis

cop out ??
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 6:56 PM Quote
the fella i like tells me he adores me but that i deserve someone better than him? huh?

for real? at least be honest. it's perfectly fine to say "i'm not interested".

Re: cop out ??
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 7:01 PM Quote
he may suffer from low self-esteem

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 7:01 PM Quote
I hate when they do that!!! They just need to be honest and don't go around saying all that stupid things. =P

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 7:13 PM Quote
Cop out. It flatters you and he gets to weasel out of the situation. He probably practices it in a mirror.

scummy
scummy Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 7:37 PM Quote
yeah, he might not trust himself, or maybe doesn't wanna hurt you, but NEVER say you diserve something better, just say 'hey, we can be friends, let's see how that works out', i don't know. when i don't like a guy, or lose interest, i say 'hey, hum, i'm not sure of what i feel, can we be friends at least'? very simple and honest, not like men xD not all, i guess

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 7:41 PM Quote
lol well obviously i wasn't ok with letting it stay that way so i said something to the effect of "i feel like that's a cop out. if you don't like me you can just say so". (obviously i'm no good at beating 'round the bush hahaha)...unfortunately i said this during a phone conversation so he said we'll talk about this in person. which may or may not be tomorrow.

i feel like maybe i shouldn't be so forward but *shrug* what are ya gonna do? haha

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 7:42 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

A man with low self-esteem is quite rare. I think I've only met one in all my life. I don't think he even suffered from it. It was a very mild case.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 7:52 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

A man with low self-esteem is quite rare. I think I've only met one in all my life. I don't think he even suffered from it. It was a very mild case.

self-esteem or the lack of it isn't for women only is it ?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 7:56 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

I'm afraid it is, in most cases.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 8:00 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

i blame society. i see it as a "why are you happy with yourself or where you're at in life? i have more money than you, look better than you, (etc, etc) and i'm not happy! so why should you be?!" and then they systematically take you downnnn!

too drastic? i'm sure you catch my drift...hahaha

scummy
scummy Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 8:02 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

I'm afraid it is, in most cases.

oh no, I've met lots of men with low self-esteem, most of them find themselves ugly or not good enough for a lady :/

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 8:07 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

i blame society. i see it as a "why are you happy with yourself or where you're at in life? i have more money than you, look better than you, (etc, etc) and i'm not happy! so why should you be?!" and then they systematically take you downnnn!

too drastic? i'm sure you catch my drift...hahaha

i don't think looking good or having money is the root of self esteem - to me, having a good self-esteem is linked to how you see yourself, if you're happy with your achievements whatever they may be
Comparing yourself to others isn't the good way to build your self-esteem

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 8:10 PM Quote
*butts in to women's conversation*

Low self esteem isn't just a female thing I can assure you. :p

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 8:17 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
*butts in to women's conversation*

Low self esteem isn't just a female thing I can assure you. :p

that's what i thought

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 8:20 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

i don't think looking good or having money is the root of self esteem - to me, having a good self-esteem is linked to how you see yourself, if you're happy with your achievements whatever they may be
Comparing yourself to others isn't the good way to build your self-esteem

i agree. lately i've been focusing more on me being happy with me and it's kept me in a better mood.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:27 AM