Travis

Very happy!!
paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 10:38 AM Quote
What a difference a day makes...

After my god-awful day on wednesday (see 'Very Angry' thread..), yesterday could not have been better. I was in work, and there were meant to be bands playing in the student's union (where i work). 2 of the bands didn't turn up, so my manager asked me to play a set. And it was fantastic. I loved every minute of it. It was so last minute i didn't even get time to invite any of my friends, but the reception i received was brilliant. I had a ball.

When i was up on stage, i was just thinking about 'this time last night' and what a contrast it was! Going from the depths of despair to one of the best gigs i've ever played, it was awesome. So my mood is decidedly up today :) Then it's The Verve tomorrow and back home to Ireland on Sunday.

"Things can only get better" has never sounded more true!

Re: Very happy!!
Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 10:43 AM Quote
Yay! It's good to hear that there's always light at the end of the tunnel (and not a tunnel at the end of all these lights).

I suppose your gig seemed even better in the light of Wednesday's events :o)

For me, Murphy's Law continued to be in operation yesterday, but today things are looking up. Plus there's an office Christmas party coming up this afternoon. Yay!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 10:46 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Yay! It's good to hear that there's always light at the end of the tunnel (and not a tunnel at the end of all these lights).

I suppose your gig seemed even better in the light of Wednesday's events :o)

For me, Murphy's Law continued to be in operation yesterday, but today things are looking up. Plus there's an office Christmas party coming up this afternoon. Yay!

Funny you should mention that lyric, cos one of the songs that was best received was 'Why does it always snow on me?' lol. Baby One More Time with the line 'Oh Santa Baby...' also went down a storm

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 11:05 AM Quote
Yer still a tit *blows raspberry* ;)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 11:10 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:

Funny you should mention that lyric, cos one of the songs that was best received was 'Why does it always snow on me?' lol. Baby One More Time with the line 'Oh Santa Baby...' also went down a storm

Haha, was that your cover version or an original song?? And I love festive songs like that!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 11:11 AM Quote
Ach away an get yer eyes tested! :P

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 11:12 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:
paul_c wrote:

Haha, was that your cover version or an original song?? And I love festive songs like that!

It was the Travis song, with every 'Rain' replaced by the word 'Snow'. Apart from the one i forgot :S lol

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 11:24 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Hanne wrote:
paul_c wrote:

It was the Travis song, with every 'Rain' replaced by the word 'Snow'. Apart from the one i forgot :S lol

hehehehe wel that would be sleet then :-P

anyways so pleased for you ! In a way it' s probly good to get to do a surprise gig.... like not much time to think about nerves :)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 11:37 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:

As long as the crowd was there :o)

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 11:48 AM Quote
Paul, I think you should come back home for the Amy Mac gig on the 4th Feb in the Limelight.

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 12:16 PM Quote
wooo
:)
that's great Paul !

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 1:06 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Paul, I think you should come back home for the Amy Mac gig on the 4th Feb in the Limelight.

Awk i'd love to. But i'm home a week after that for my rents 25th anniversary. She's playing the town hall in Paisley in March too, which is about a half a minute walk from me- so i'll opt for that. Gutted i'm missing the barrowlands gig tonight like. How are you anyway guv? Long time no speak!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 1:57 PM Quote
Cool to hear ya happy again matey. You'll have to get someone to record one of your gigs some time so we can see on the 'board. :D

Wednesday was a bit rubbish for me too 'cos my ipod broke. We were in the cinema and my friend spilt his extra large bucket (practically) of cola all over me, lol. Unfortunately the drink, and a load of ice, got in the pocket of my jacket where my ipod was, and it refused to switch on afterwards. :s

But I managed to reset it last night, and it's kind of working again...but the tracks jump a bit, and I'm not sure it's charging correctly any more. Maybe it'll make a full recovery soon. I think it's suffering from hypothermia and shock, lol. Wednesday must've just been a cursed day...

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 2:04 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Cool to hear ya happy again matey. You'll have to get someone to record one of your gigs some time so we can see on the 'board. :D

One of my friends made a video of the cover of Lucky Man that i did. I'll try to get her to get it up on youtube or something. I was surprised at how relaxed i looked on stage in the video, cos i sure didn't feel relaxed when i went up there! lol

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2007 2:23 PM Quote
bravo Paul !

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:55 PM