Travis

Connect Festival
paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 4:02 AM Quote
Is anyone going? I am seriously tempted by a lot of the bands on the lineup already...

Has anyone been before? Is it good? Good atmosphere, etc??? It'd be perfect for me, cos that'd be the weekend i finish at my job. So if it's worth going i think i might... it'd be my summer holiday! I just don't know if i should

Re: Connect Festival
Andrew
Andrew Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 4:05 AM Quote
This is the first ever year it's run so can't help you out on what it's like unfortunately, run by the same people who so T in the Park though so they've plenty of experience.

I got my weekend ticket pretty much as soon as it was announced (before any bands were confirmed), sounds like exactly my kind of thing. cannnot wait!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 4:11 AM Quote
The similar festival in Ireland (ie. the one that runs in parallel to it, same as T/Oxegen idea...) is sold out already, and the lineup for it is usually brilliant. Last year The Frames headlined, and i feckin love them! So this is probably the same idea as that one.

If it's not sold out later in the summer when i have money (and hopefully it doesn't!) i'll definitely be getting a ticket. Inveraray's a nice wee town too. Been there a few times on my way up to Oban for gigs.

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 4:13 AM Quote
It is a weak possiblity for me but I want to make to Connect this year. I want it soooo bad!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 4:14 AM Quote
Why don't you then? There's bound to be cheap flights! Especially at that time of year. The summer boom is over then, so you're bound to get it cheap

Andrew
Andrew Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 4:15 AM Quote
Well they seem to be doing a ton of advertising which suggests ticket sales have been slow so far. I think most folk will leave it late til they get tickets because it's at the end of the summer.

Looks good for both of you if you're weighing it up

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 4:17 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Why don't you then? There's bound to be cheap flights! Especially at that time of year. The summer boom is over then, so you're bound to get it cheap

I have been checking for flighs but they are not cheap at all. Flying to London beforehands makes more sense actually. But still not cheap.

Plus, work is being a pain in the arse lately. I need to sort out hell lot of things. :-(

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 4:21 AM Quote
Hope so anyway. £125 for 3 whole days of good music is absolutely nothing, especially if you've been working full-time all summer long ;)

Oh, and i got that Bjork greatest hits CD. Amazing she be. Got it yesterday and on the 3rd play already! So that's just another reason to want to go. As well as liking a lot of other bands on the bill at the moment

Andrew
Andrew Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 4:23 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Hope so anyway. £125 for 3 whole days of good music is absolutely nothing

Especially if you only paid £85 for having blind faith :D

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 4:24 AM Quote
I know! That's a great oppotunity. Plus, Aereogramme are gonna play asa whole band for the last time. I will never ever forget myself if I miss it.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 4:27 AM Quote
Take it early bird price was £85 then? lol
That is a good deal!

Andrew
Andrew Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 4:36 AM Quote
It is, but i was worried after I went looking for any rumours after buying tickets and all i found was a forum thread elsewhere with folk listing who they would like to see "Status Quo" were one of the ones mentioned.

I had a minor panic until the real acts were announced.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 8:37 AM Quote
Status Quo are actually quite entertaining live. It's amazing what you can do with 3 chords

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:25 PM