Travis

TRAVIS IN ABERDEEN!!
Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Thu 18 Oct, 2007 2:31 PM Quote
I know TWT have already posted a thread on this but I am so chuffed that the guys will be returning to Aberdeen on Hogmany. WAYHEY!

Re: TRAVIS IN ABERDEEN!!
Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Thu 18 Oct, 2007 6:06 PM Quote
So, Travis come to play pretty much right at your doorstep, eh? Lucky girl!

I read the Northsound 1 homepage and they seem to be just as thrilled as you are about Travis coming to this free event. But what are the bands that usually perform there if "musicians the calibre of Travis" get the organisers so exited? Don't get me wrong, i know very well that Travis are famous and loved all over the world, and everybody wants them to perform everywhre. But the "we've outdone ourselves this time" makes it sound as if they've landed some hyper-super-megastars such as U2 as their main act (which, thank God, Travis are nothing like).

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Thu 18 Oct, 2007 6:19 PM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:
So, Travis come to play pretty much right at your doorstep, eh? Lucky girl!

I read the Northsound 1 homepage and they seem to be just as thrilled as you are about Travis coming to this free event. But what are the bands that usually perform there if "musicians the calibre of Travis" get the organisers so exited? Don't get me wrong, i know very well that Travis are famous and loved all over the world, and everybody wants them to perform everywhre. But the "we've outdone ourselves this time" makes it sound as if they've landed some hyper-super-megastars such as U2 as their main act (which, thank God, Travis are nothing like).

I'm not usually out at Hogmanay as I'm either already sleeping or it's too cold but I ain't missing this one! I think, in the past Deacon Blue, The Proclaimers have played. Travis played back in 1997 too.

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 18 Oct, 2007 6:53 PM Quote
Hey tracey! I think I might be hanging in Aberdeen for this one also. Should be absolutely awesome.

varz
varz Posted Thu 18 Oct, 2007 10:38 PM Quote
last year was wet wet wet i think...

bring on new year!

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Fri 19 Oct, 2007 6:44 AM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
Hey tracey! I think I might be hanging in Aberdeen for this one also. Should be absolutely awesome.

Yep, I'm sure it will. I'll brave the cold for this!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:22 PM