Travis

What a day!
Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 6:54 PM Quote
I was told that I balls'd up an order that I placed for a major contract we have. It's worth over £3,000. I cried in front of my boss and other work collegues! The thing is my boss didn't get mad, he just said that mistakes happen and I should just learn from it as there's nothing we can do about it now. I still feel an idiot and kinda feeling sorry for myself!!!

Re: What a day!
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 6:57 PM Quote
Oh that sounds like a really trying day. That's great though that your boss didn't just chew you out. Sounds like he's is trying to be positive. But I would still feel like dirt too. I'm sure you won't make the same mistake twice so try not to beat yourself up too much.

Thalia
Thalia Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 7:06 PM Quote
I'm sorry about that.
last weekend I had a really bad day too.
I just quit my job because I am a waitress and a student, but at work one of the waiters was messing with me and I told my boss and he fired him. i just told him that i did not want to stay there anymore.
There are really hard days. I hope you be ok. :)

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 7:20 PM Quote
Thanks guys. I'm feeling fine now, bit of an eejit for crying but hey-ho life goes on!

Thalia - There's nothing worse than a work collegue that makes life difficult for you and I think you've got balls for quitting.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 7:37 PM Quote
Take care of yourself.

Work is work but it's not yr life.

Cried at work a couple of times too...

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 7:37 PM Quote
Tracey982 wrote:
life goes on!

...ahem...may be inappropriate but i suddenly want to burst in to a 'little ditty about jack and diane'......oh yeah life goes on even after the thrill of livin' is gone...

;) feel better trace!

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 7:41 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
Tracey982 wrote:
life goes on!

...ahem...may be inappropriate but i suddenly want to burst in to a 'little ditty about jack and diane'......oh yeah life goes on even after the thrill of livin' is gone...

;) feel better trace!

what are you on Goosey ? LSD ???
Too much Ric-Rawk can damage yr health

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 7:42 PM Quote
I do feel better now, with everyone's words of encouragement. I've only been with my employer for 6 months but my boss did say that at least it showed that I cared about the fact that I made a mistake unlike some other people I work with so that kinda made me feel appreciated.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 7:43 PM Quote
Abs that was a little bit of the john 'cougar' mellencamp for the board! ;P coincedence?? i think not! haha

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 7:45 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
Abs that was a little bit of the john 'cougar' mellencamp for the board! ;P coincedence?? i think not! haha

you're talking about this bloke Mellencamp ?
what does he have to do with cougars ?

i'm not retarded (not a Damien Rice fan) but i'm not aware of TV programs in the States

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 7:47 PM Quote
*shrug* don't know much about him to be honest...just that sometimes he's john 'cougar' mellencamp...and sometimes he goes sans 'cougar'....that jack and diane song is the only song i know by him to be honest. haha

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 7:50 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
*shrug* don't know much about him to be honest...just that sometimes he's john 'cougar' mellencamp...and sometimes he goes sans 'cougar'....that jack and diane song is the only song i know by him to be honest. haha

i just know he's married to a model which is just so weird for a "rock star" don't you think ???

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 7:52 PM Quote
really?? well talk about thinking outside the box...good for him! ;)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 7:52 PM Quote
aww...i'm sorry about that. i hope your day gets better!

your boss seems like a pretty nice guy though!

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 7:56 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
really?? well talk about thinking outside the box...good for him! ;)

Mrs Mellemcamp
http://www.bookofjoe.com/images/almay_large_3.jpg

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:57 PM