Travis

Just me?
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 4:10 PM Quote
Did anyone else wake up to a baby lizard in their kitchen sink that had someone how cut its own tail off? (Probably with a knife since that was drying in the rack where said baby lizard was.) Did I mention the tail was still wiggling?

Anyone? Just me?

And yes, of course I was very kind and immediately put him down the disposal.

KIDDING! He was gently released into one of my front garden beds where I've seen some of his siblings.

Re: Just me?
mozman68
mozman68 Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 4:18 PM Quote
I woke up with a snake in my pants....

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 4:24 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:

A snail, you mean, surely, lol

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 4:25 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
mozman68 wrote:

SNAP!

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 4:59 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
mozman68 wrote:

Please don't confuse me with your husband....

; )

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 5:36 PM Quote
lol...

anne, one time i was putting gas in my car...got back in my car...look over for some reason and see the biggest grasshopper chillin' on the passenger car door!! haha....i freaked out! one it was removed i rolled my windows up and kept it that way! hahaha

crawly little critters bring out the "girly" girl in me! haha i hate that!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 5:46 PM Quote
The funniest part is that my husband called me to take care of it. He has a huge phobia about reptiles. But I don't tease because I fear sp**ers and b**gs to an insane degree. Thankfully we have different phobias....

I didn't mind dealing with it. It was the still-wiggling dismembered tail at 6:45 am that was a bit much for me.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 5:46 PM Quote
Quote:
And yes, of course I was very kind and immediately put him down the disposal.

Haha, for a moment I was horrified. :P I had to chase a baby Lizard around the kitchen the other day. I finally caught & released it...It probably got eaten by the creepy cat that hangs out in yard. Stupid cat. :P

You guys should Visit Cincinnati, Oh in about Twelve years. There is nothing more disturbing than the 14 year Cicada invasion if you don't like creepy crawlies. They're EVERYWHERE, on everything and they fly into you & your windows indiscriminately.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 6:06 PM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
You guys should Visit Cincinnati, Oh in about Twelve years. There is nothing more disturbing than the 14 year Cicada invasion if you don't like creepy crawlies. They're EVERYWHERE, on everything and they fly into you & your windows indiscriminately.

*note to self: do NOT visit Cincinati between the years of 2015-2022 just to be on the safe side.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 6:09 PM Quote
Ohhhh, the cidadas. I have the pleasure of hosting the two-year variety in my backyard. One hitched a ride into the house this summer and my daughter found it. Those bulging bug eyes, ew! (The cidada, not my daughter.) I popped a plastic cup over it, placed a Beanie Baby on top to hold it down and waited until my husband came home from work to take it outside. Yuck! I guess that's not quite as bad as a wigging dismembered tail, though!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 6:14 PM Quote
I would probably end up in a mental institution if I was dealing with some sort of bug invasion. Give me a snake any old day but man, a teeny thing with lots of legs and I lose all sense of reality.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 6:31 PM Quote
They're about the size of a small toad with a hard shell. You can't squish it in a Kleenex or hit it with a fly swatter. You just have to wait for someone brave enough to take it back out. What I hate the worst--centipedes. Nothing should have that many legs, I'm sorry.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 7:18 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
They're about the size of a small toad with a hard shell.

oh f*ck that sh*t!! small toad...fine...maybe...but hard shell on top of that! no gracias!!!

and sorry i don't know where to stick this comment and i don't think it needs it's own thread.....the new security guard at the branch downstairs from where i work picks the wrong times to try to have a conversation...i have no problem making small talk but he doesn't ask the usual "busy day?" "good weekend?" and leave it at that...he takes it further and turns it in to a small conversation...i don't mean to be rude but i'm usually running late to get up to the office so discussing my weekend with a polite stranger when my boss may be calling to check in isn't exactly on the agenda~! haha....

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 7:29 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:

you wear pants in bed ?

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Mon 01 Oct, 2007 7:33 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:
mozman68 wrote:

Please don't confuse me with your husband....I know it's hard to do since you are always dreaming about the snake in my pants.

; )

It all depends on the sort of snake mr. moz, different snake different size;) you haven't heard me complain yet, have you?! :)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:32 PM