Travis

Youngest Travis Fan ever?
kletterin
kletterin Posted Wed 05 Sep, 2007 11:37 AM Quote
Hey everybody,
While other kids enjoy watching Baby Einstein videos and Sesame Street, my 3 year old son, Coltrane loves to watch Travis concert videos. He knows and sings all the words to the songs.Check out this picture of him when he was almost 2 and 1/2 years old (last Sept) He is singing the part "...solet her down in STYLE..." in the song "Old enough".
He is now almost 3 and 1/2 years old will be attending his first Travis concert in Cologne, Germany in October!
Maybe, he can even meet the guys? Fran, Dougie, Neil and Andy....what do you say?
Melissa :)

Re: Youngest Travis Fan ever?
cornax
cornax Posted Wed 05 Sep, 2007 12:36 PM Quote
So cute! Just make sure you keep him far from the speakers or get him to wear earplugs. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/p015.gif

kletterin
kletterin Posted Wed 05 Sep, 2007 5:37 PM Quote
Thanks, that is what I thought. Is there anything else you think I should have for him to protect his ears in addition to earplugs?
I see that you are a mom too and it is always good to get another mom's advice!

Why Does It Always Payne On Me
Why Does It Always Payne On Me Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 2:32 AM Quote
Well, THAT'S the cutest damn thing ever...! Fran will be thrilled to see a wee one singing along with their songs, I'm sure! But yes, be careful of his little ears.

Thanks for sharing; it made me smile! My baby brother (he's 2) seemed to love Travis (especially "Happy") as well, but sadly he only got to watch the DVD once... =(

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 1:04 PM Quote
Hey Melissa!

That's such a cute picture! I love his wee guitar!

Not sure if you heard about this but Fran actually stopped a show here in the states to get a child in the front row earplugs before continuing to rock. What a guy :)

Baby Fran
Baby Fran Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 2:13 PM Quote
kletterin wrote:
Hey everybody,
While other kids enjoy watching Baby Einstein videos and Sesame Street, my 3 year old son, Coltrane loves to watch Travis concert videos. He knows and sings all the words to the songs.Check out this picture of him when he was almost 2 and 1/2 years old (last Sept) He is singing the part "...solet her down in STYLE..." in the song "Old enough".
He is now almost 3 and 1/2 years old will be attending his first Travis concert in Cologne, Germany in October!
Maybe, he can even meet the guys? Fran, Dougie, Neil and Andy....what do you say?

How is he going to the show is there no age limit as my daugher is 3 and I would love to take her?

cornax
cornax Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 3:32 PM Quote
kletterin wrote:
Thanks, that is what I thought. Is there anything else you think I should have for him to protect his ears in addition to earplugs?
I see that you are a mom too and it is always good to get another mom's advice!

My only other advice would be to avoid being up front where there could be pushing and shoving. And be prepared to hold him a lot! I think it's really great to share the live music experience with your kids whenever possible.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 06 Sep, 2007 4:10 PM Quote
well I would never take a kiddie as young as that to a rock concert, that's plain stupid
that's why they have age restrictions

*shakes head*

kletterin
kletterin Posted Sat 08 Sep, 2007 2:02 AM Quote
Baby Fran wrote:
How is he going to the show is there no age limit as my daugher is 3 and I would love to take her? [/quote]

Before I purchased the tickets, I called the promoter. There are no restrictions to taking a child as long as they are under the care of their parents who take responsibility.
Maybe the regulations are different in different countries, but the Germans don't have a problem with it.

kletterin
kletterin Posted Sat 08 Sep, 2007 2:08 AM Quote
Ursina wrote:
well I would never take a kiddie as young as that to a rock concert, that's plain stupid
that's why they have age restrictions

*shakes head*

Ursina,
I'm not sure where you are from, but there are no "age restrictions" in Germany. I don't take my kid to rock concerts every week. This is an experience that I know he would LOVE as he truly is a Travis fan (just like you). He will have ear plugs and ear muffs over them. I'm not taking him to "run with the bulls in Pamplona" nor am I endangering him so I'm not exactly sure why you would say it is "plain stupid". mmmmmm perhaps jeolosy?

kletterin
kletterin Posted Sat 08 Sep, 2007 9:56 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Hey Melissa!

That's such a cute picture! I love his wee guitar!

Not sure if you heard about this but Fran actually stopped a show here in the states to get a child in the front row earplugs before continuing to rock. What a guy :)

Nikki,
Fran is such a sweetie! I just read his bio and he also has little boy with a German partner! (I wonder if his wee one will be bilingual like Coltrane (my son) speaking both German and English?)

Andrew
Andrew Posted Sat 08 Sep, 2007 5:10 PM Quote
kletterin wrote:
I'm not taking him to "run with the bulls in Pamplona" nor am I endangering him so I'm not exactly sure why you would say it is "plain stupid". mmmmmm perhaps jeolosy?

Nope sorry it's definitely stupidity.

...and while you fawn over Fran stopping a show til a kid got some earplugs for being such a sweetie, consider it's simply because he also thought it was stupid to bring a kid that young to a show and was doing what he could to help keep them safe. I'm quite sure he would have been thinking the kid shouldn't have been there in the first place.

cornax
cornax Posted Sat 08 Sep, 2007 7:47 PM Quote
It really comes down to the parent knowing their own child and their limitations. Would my kids have been up for it at age 3? No way! It would have been one song and they'd be done. I've known other kids who I'm sure could have handled it.

And, of course, the venue matters. Where I saw Travis in DC there was a great, out of the way area where you definitely could have hung out with a small kid and just enjoyed listening. Other places I wouldn't dream of bringing my kids because there'd be no avoiding the crowds.

The truth is, kids have the ability to handle a lot more than we give them credit for and as long as the parent feels the environment is safe and the kid is interested, why not?

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 10 Sep, 2007 8:46 AM Quote
Andrew wrote:
kletterin wrote:
I'm not taking him to "run with the bulls in Pamplona" nor am I endangering him so I'm not exactly sure why you would say it is "plain stupid". mmmmmm perhaps jeolosy?

Nope sorry it's definitely stupidity.

...and while you fawn over Fran stopping a show til a kid got some earplugs for being such a sweetie, consider it's simply because he also thought it was stupid to bring a kid that young to a show and was doing what he could to help keep them safe. I'm quite sure he would have been thinking the kid shouldn't have been there in the first place.

exactly !

jealous ? whatever for ? not having a wee kid to see Travis ? *scratches head*

bara
bara Posted Fri 21 Sep, 2007 10:20 PM Quote
thats so cute.. =) say hallo to you child. he'll be welcome here at the board as soon as you allow him to be here ..
cool to hear that some children listen to good music from the very beginning.. hehe

cheers!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:27 AM