Travis

Inspirational People
Sunny
Sunny Posted Tue 04 Sep, 2007 7:10 PM Quote
Who has inspired you in life?

Mine, especially at the moment, has to be Jane

Quite a lot of people, who I've had this conversation with in the past, have said their teacher or tutor at uni or a mentor of some kind. I, sadly, can't think of a teacher who truely inspired me at school - says a lot about my school, doesn't it?

Re: Inspirational People
moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Tue 04 Sep, 2007 7:12 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Who has inspired you in life?

Mine, especially at the moment, has to be Jane

Quite a lot of people, who I've had this conversation with in the past, have said their teacher or tutor at uni or a mentor of some kind. I, sadly, can't think of a teacher who truely inspired me at school - says a lot about my school, doesn't it?

Jane is the first person that came to mind for me too. Nope, can't think of a particular teacher at school that inspired me!

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Tue 04 Sep, 2007 8:02 PM Quote
Never heard of her till now, she was definately an incredible woman. I can imagine you being inspired by her.

I think i'm inspired by a lot of people i met along the way. People i worked with, people i read about and people i briefly met in the street or even on this messageboard. I think a lot people have extra ordinairy qualities that often go unnoticed.

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Tue 04 Sep, 2007 8:20 PM Quote
the link isn't working. dyou have a wiki link?

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 04 Sep, 2007 9:02 PM Quote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Tomlinson

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 04 Sep, 2007 10:02 PM Quote
besides Darran, no one

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Tue 04 Sep, 2007 10:43 PM Quote
who is Darran?!!

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 04 Sep, 2007 11:16 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:
who is Darran?!!

the boardie

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 05 Sep, 2007 8:17 AM Quote
certainly not teachers ! hated every one of them !

if anyone probably my dad :)

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 05 Sep, 2007 10:39 AM Quote
Primarily my parents. Only one teacher comes to mind.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 05 Sep, 2007 1:26 PM Quote
my ex-sister in law : great personality, excellent sens of humor, super driven and very successful.

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 20 Aug, 2008 5:12 PM Quote
Decided to resurrect (probably a bad choice of word at the moment) this thread to pay tribute to a remarkable man who died this morning:

Adrian Sudbury's Baldy Blog

... and to say, if you are able to donate blood (and anything else they can squeeze out of you whilst you're alive!) then please do - National Blood Donor Service
It can save so many lives and, if it can't do that, then it can give some very ill people a few more months of life.

Thanks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/ipm/images/baldyblog2.jpg

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 20 Aug, 2008 5:29 PM Quote
I didn't know him personally, but I had been following his story in the news here.

Randy Pausch

He was a professor at Carnegie Mellon, and a Pancreatic Cancer victim. Just seeing the way he lived his life after finding out about his cancer...they way he inspired people to live positively too really touched me.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 20 Aug, 2008 5:37 PM Quote
Kristy wrote:
Decided to resurrect (probably a bad choice of word at the moment) this thread to pay tribute to a remarkable man who died this morning:

... and to say, if you are able to donate blood (and anything else they can squeeze out of you whilst you're alive!) then please do - National Blood Donor Service
It can save so many lives and, if it can't do that, then it can give some very ill people a few more months of life.

Thanks.

Wow...I was just reading some of his blog, and he really was remarkable.

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 20 Aug, 2008 5:40 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Kristy wrote:

Thanks.

Wow...I was just reading some of his blog, and he really was remarkable.

He was. There have been many tears in my house today.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:53 PM