Travis

What happened to Eye of The Needle?
Sara Anna
Sara Anna Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 9:12 AM Quote
What happened to Eye Of The Needle and My Life, the two piano/Joni Mitchell inspired/based tracks that I was told about on the 2004 club tour and have been looking forward to hearing ever since. I know i'm not imagining them as Fran wrote them down on a piece of paper for me at the Newcastle gig when we were talking about the piano. I know Eye Of The Needle was recorded, it was mentioned in Dougies Diaries. They didn't make the album and i've not seen them as B sides and see they're not on the B side of the new single either unless the titles have changed or they've been released as down loads that I don't know about,, does any one know anything about them or if they will they be released?

Thanks

Sarah x

Re: What happened to Eye of The Needle?
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 10:47 AM Quote
Sara Anna wrote:
What happened to Eye Of The Needle and My Life, the two piano/Joni Mitchell inspired/based tracks that I was told about on the 2004 club tour and have been looking forward to hearing ever since. I know i'm not imagining them as Fran wrote them down on a piece of paper for me at the Newcastle gig when we were talking about the piano. I know Eye Of The Needle was recorded, it was mentioned in Dougies Diaries. They didn't make the album and i've not seen them as B sides and see they're not on the B side of the new single either unless the titles have changed or they've been released as down loads that I don't know about,, does any one know anything about them or if they will they be released?

Thanks

Sarah x

Maybe they'll release them as a b-side to the 4th single (probably Battleships) or maybe, and i'm hoping this, they've got some great songs held back for another album.

Matt Bellamy of Muse said that the songs that went onto their last album weren't the best songs he came up with in that time, they just worked well together on the album. Maybe Travis have the same thing. Apart from a couple of songs, it's quite a soft album, maybe they've held some great rockers back or something. Maybe, maybe not. :)

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 6:45 PM Quote
I hope we get to hear them. I love Dougie's stuff.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 7:10 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Maybe they'll release them as a b-side to the 4th single (probably Battleships)

Battleships as a single? I hope not :s

Vince
Vince Posted Sat 01 Sep, 2007 1:30 AM Quote
hi sarah

if it was recorded it may be saved for the next record (along with ben stiller's cowbell song)

x

Sara Anna
Sara Anna Posted Sat 01 Sep, 2007 10:30 AM Quote
Sunny wrote:
I hope we get to hear them. I love Dougie's stuff.

I hope so too, I really wanted to hear them, even more so now TBWNN is such a dissapointing album, they're capable of so much more, but that's just my opinion, everyone is entitled to one of those ;-) They're not Dougies songs though, they're Frans, I wanted to hear more of his Piano playing, that's what I asked him.
On the subject of Dougie though, what's happened to his songs, why no B sides, he has a talent for writing great songs and has a lovely voice. I don't understand why there aren't more songs by him, maybe it's his choice but I would love to hear some more of his songs. Perhaps we should start a petition, drop the covers and more Dougie songs.

Sara Anna
Sara Anna Posted Sat 01 Sep, 2007 10:35 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Sara Anna wrote:

Thanks

Sarah x

Maybe they'll release them as a b-side to the 4th single (probably Battleships) or maybe, and i'm hoping this, they've got some great songs held back for another album.

Matt Bellamy of Muse said that the songs that went onto their last album weren't the best songs he came up with in that time, they just worked well together on the album. Maybe Travis have the same thing. Apart from a couple of songs, it's quite a soft album, maybe they've held some great rockers back or something. Maybe, maybe not. :)

Ah, good point, all the really good stuff will be on the next album!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 01 Sep, 2007 1:50 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Maybe they'll release them as a b-side to the 4th single (probably Battleships)

Battleships as a single? I hope not :s

I hope so. It's my favourite from the new album. Also, Fran has said it's a possible single.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 01 Sep, 2007 1:56 PM Quote
I think in Belfast he said it was probably going to be the next single- maybe Vince or Darran can back me up on that, unless of course i imagined it!

Vince
Vince Posted Sat 01 Sep, 2007 3:53 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
I think in Belfast he said it was probably going to be the next single- maybe Vince or Darran can back me up on that, unless of course i imagined it!

i cant remember altho i think 3 singles's enough

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 02 Sep, 2007 10:06 AM Quote
Vince wrote:
paul_c wrote:

i cant remember altho i think 3 singles's enough

3 singles is nowhere near enough. They could release another 3 off this album after My Eyes.

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 10:10 PM Quote
Album 6 perhaps?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 19 Jan, 2008 10:44 AM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
Album 6 perhaps?

No i don't think so. The band say the've used everything that was useable. Although i believe they also said they had a few unfinished ideas. Maybe they're unfinished ideas. I bet the new album will mostly contain newly written songs.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 19 Jan, 2008 10:53 AM Quote
Yeah, I don't think they will get anywhere near the new album, but if they're running low on b-sides it's possible, I suppose.

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 20 Jan, 2008 6:51 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I bet the new album will mostly contain newly written songs.

But Eye of the Needle and My Life are new for the fans, even if they are "old" for the band. I hope they will show up this year in some form--album or b-sides.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:01 AM