Travis

Success
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 23 Aug, 2007 8:44 PM Quote
I am very happy because I successfully converted a DJ to a Travis fan. Since the kut DJ had them in the studio he, and other DJs on the station, have played songs from TBWNN ("Selfish Jean", "Closer", and "Big Chair") every few days. Every few days doesn't sound great but they don't play music all day long (it's the NPR station) and considering they weren't really playing them at all before, it's good.

Also, my husband heard the DJ who interviewed them saying, "Travis is just the nicest bunch of guys you ever could meet".

Re: Success
alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Thu 23 Aug, 2007 9:13 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
I am very happy because I successfully converted a DJ to a Travis fan. Since the kut DJ had them in the studio he, and other DJs on the station, have played songs from TBWNN ("Selfish Jean", "Closer", and "Big Chair") every few days. Every few days doesn't sound great but they don't play music all day long (it's the NPR station) and considering they weren't really playing them at all before, it's good.

Also, my husband heard the DJ who interviewed them saying, "Travis is just the nicest bunch of guys you ever could meet".

haha i can't remember, but it was you who got a radio station to have a private session with Travis, right? or am i wrong, i'm pretty sure it was you. and that's really cool :D i love converting people!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 23 Aug, 2007 9:17 PM Quote
nice! twice now i've requested any travis song they would play for the 90s flashback hour one of the radio stations here...to no avail! i hate KROQ!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 1:35 AM Quote
alyrtle wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:

haha i can't remember, but it was you who got a radio station to have a private session with Travis, right? or am i wrong, i'm pretty sure it was you. and that's really cool :D i love converting people!

Yes it was me! I bribed the DJ with brownies. I am so happy that I converted him so he'll play them more. And he told the band his favorite track was "My Eyes" so I am going to email him to tell him that's the next single coming out.

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Sat 25 Aug, 2007 5:27 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
alyrtle wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:

Yes it was me! I bribed the DJ with brownies. I am so happy that I converted him so he'll play them more. And he told the band his favorite track was "My Eyes" so I am going to email him to tell him that's the next single coming out.

oooh, perfect!!

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Thu 20 Sep, 2007 4:58 AM Quote
Wow!!!
Congratulations!!!! =)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:47 PM