Travis

Soapbox Subjects
Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 5:02 PM Quote
I miss the soapbox :(

But after having a shit week, and a morning of having a needle jabbed in my arm by a student doctor I can't think of any worthy subjects ... apart from student doctors - why do you never say 'no' when the receptionist says: "Dr M has a student in with her this morning, that's alright isn't it?" NO IT FOOKIN' ISN'T! DON'T SPRING THAT QUESTION ON ME, YOU KNOW THE ELEMENT OF SURPRISE ALWAYS CATCHES ME OUT! GRRR ...

*CAPS off*

*ahem* sorry lol.

Re: Soapbox Subjects
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 5:04 PM Quote
lol i hate that...cuz they're not really looking for your answer they're just passive-aggressively letting you know how it's going down! haha....

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 5:07 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
lol i hate that...cuz they're not really looking for your answer they're just passive-aggressively letting you know how it's going down! haha....

Absolutely. Trouble is, it's such a small waiting room that everyone can here your answer and if you say no then they think you must have some weird embarrasing illness! I'll pray for an empty waiting room next time.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 5:20 PM Quote
lol even better! should have said something "not at all...so long as they know it's contagious" haha

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 5:25 PM Quote
when all bakeries are closed in august - argh...........

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 5:27 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

Is it true that French tradesmen (plumbers etc) all take two weeks off work at the same time?

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 5:34 PM Quote
here's my morning soapbox subject...phone etiquette!! i hate when ppl call, you say 'hello', and they say 'who's this?'in a demanding tone....umm? you called me, who the hell is this?!...of course being a receptionist i can never respond that way

EDIT:: i've got one to add to that...when i call my coworkers' extensions to let them know someone is here to see them or that someone is on hold for them...and they don't pick up! so i have to walk over there...and they're not even on another call! they just ignored me is all! :/

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 5:35 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

Is it true that French tradesmen (plumbers etc) all take two weeks off work at the same time?

first of all, there aren't any french plumbers, they're all polish
second of all, since most parisians are off in august, businesses of all kind tend to close at well.
it's bonanza and tons of work for those open

isma
isma Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 5:40 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Sunny wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

second of all, since most parisians are off in august, businesses of all kind tend to close at well.

http://taurin-magazin.eu/IMG/jpg_jpg_hydraulik.jpg

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 5:41 PM Quote
isma wrote:

http://taurin-magazin.eu/IMG/jpg_jpg_hydraulik.jpg

je pleure de rire !!!! le fameux plombier polonais !

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 8:13 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

Ah so you've got an influx of Polish workers too? They're coming over here, eating our swans (long story), driving on the wrong side of the road, and stealing all our jobs. Plus they all seem a bit mad, too.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 8:16 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
here's my morning soapbox subject...phone etiquette!! i hate when ppl call, you say 'hello', and they say 'who's this?'in a demanding tone....umm? you called me, who the hell is this?!...of course being a receptionist i can never respond that way

That is very annoying. What's annoying for me at the moment is people calling for my mum and just assuming I'm her when I answer. I have to stop them launching into whatever they're going to say and tell them that I'm not her, then some of them put the phone down thinking they've got the wrong number.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 9:07 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:

That is very annoying. What's annoying for me at the moment is people calling for my mum and just assuming I'm her when I answer. I have to stop them launching into whatever they're going to say and tell them that I'm not her, then some of them put the phone down thinking they've got the wrong number.

Imagine what i had to go through when my office number was 1 digit different from Liban's consulate.
Because the consulate's line was busy all the time, ppl wouldn't shut up if i tried to tell them they had dialed the wrong number.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 9:11 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Imagine what i had to go through when my office number was 1 digit different from Liban's consulate.
Because the consulate's line was busy all the time, ppl wouldn't shut up if i tried to tell them they had dialed the wrong number.

Oh no! How many times did you slam the phone down? ;-)

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 17 Aug, 2007 9:15 PM Quote
oh what a headache abs!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:50 PM