Travis

FAO: GotChrist - "20" live from Austin
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 5:21 AM Quote
I posted a video of Fran performing "20" at the Austin show last week. Apologies on the video quality not being great. I've never compressed a video before so it was the best I could do.

When I was watching it I thought of you and your thread on performing, being nervous of glitches, etc. I think Fran makes himself very vulnerable- no hiding behind any equipment and singing about some of the challenges of growing up. I definitely remember a lot of the feelings/experiences he describes. While I have many fond memories of being a teenager, I would have no interest in going back to that time period because it definitely is hard figuring out yourself and how you fit in the world.

Also note that it was a very special moment even though he broke a guitar string. Perfection does not always make something the best. Being in the moment does.
20 at La Zona Rosa

Re: FAO: GotChrist -
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 5:54 AM Quote
i love this bloody song! like all their songs it makes my heart want to burst with joy and emotion!! ;)

GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 1:09 PM Quote
Thanks very much.

beatlejenn
beatlejenn Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 3:25 PM Quote
I was so happy to hear this song again in Austin. I've always been fascinated by adolescence--probably why I want to teach middle-school kids. I'll definitely be playing some Travis in my classroom (between classes, during groupwork, etc) and this song in particular!

Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 3:29 PM Quote
beatlejenn wrote:
I was so happy to hear this song again in Austin. I've always been fascinated by adolescence--probably why I want to teach middle-school kids. I'll definitely be playing some Travis in my classroom (between classes, during groupwork, etc) and this song in particular!

I played it to my pupils this year! They were tough kids (the kind that send chairs and table flying across the room or threaten teachers with knives...) but they loved the song. I think it was one of the best lessons I've taught this year :)

Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 3:30 PM Quote
beatlejenn wrote:

I played it to my pupils this year! They were tough kids (the kind that send chairs and table flying across the room or threaten teachers with knives...) but they loved the song. I think it was one of the best lessons I've taught this year :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 3:48 PM Quote
I think it captures the feelings of that time period very well. Wish I had heard it when I was a teenager.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 4:22 PM Quote
Oh...i have this song from MN, dallas, and austin...I haven't uploaded them yet...too many!!! thanks!

GotChrist
GotChrist Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 6:31 PM Quote
As well as helping out, it's a great song. :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:59 AM