Travis

Wow, I haven't been here in a while
Katherine
Katherine Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 1:53 AM Quote
I suppose finishing school has left me with no reason to procrastinate on here.

Thanks to Mozman for posting those vids of Chicago. Best concert I have been to. Ever. And I've been to a lot. :)

Ahhh, though I think the boyfriend was going to shoot me for dawdling afterwards for so long. I guess driving 6 hours for a band you barely know and then having to wait on FanGirly-ness could be annoying. He was nice enough to take my scared/bewildered photo with Fran and Dougie. Awww, bless. So, can we all agree the opener for the US tour blows? *nods*

How are you lot?

Re: Wow, I haven't been here in a while
audrey
audrey Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 2:13 AM Quote
hahahahah. kaaaaaaatherine!

dude. i wish i couldve stuck around that night, but i was totally beat. :/
i felt ill from not eating all day. haha.

oh you mean, you didnt like john paul white?! i loved him. O_O

HA.

Katherine
Katherine Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 2:19 AM Quote
Ahh... surely you joke, Audrey. I think I just vomited a little in my mouth.

Srsly, I don't think I quite expressed just how PISSED OFF I was at John Paul White.

Rawr.

I want some of my $40 back.

OH! I'll be in Louisville the next two days. Yay conferences!

audrey
audrey Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 2:21 AM Quote
Katherine wrote:
Ahh... surely you joke, Audrey. I think I just vomited a little in my mouth.

Srsly, I don't think I quite expressed just how PISSED OFF I was at John Paul White.

Rawr.

I want some of my $40 back.

OH! I'll be in Louisville the next two days. Yay conferences!

of course i kid. wasnt my bag, thats for sure. and thats putting it politely! hahahahahah.

have fun in the ville. i know i wont be while working. :)

Cynthia
Cynthia Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 3:18 AM Quote
Katherine wrote:
So, can we all agree the opener for the US tour blows? *nods*

John Paul White wasn't my cup of tea either. His family (extended - uncle and aunt, cousins maybe, etc.) were waiting in line in front of us outside the Vic and at one point John came out to talk to them. He kept complaining that "no one wants to open for Travis because they have to drive from city to city themselves." He sounded all put-out and grumpy about it. It's an industry where you should expect to pay your dues and be grateful for the breaks you get, you know? *sigh*

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 3:43 AM Quote
Cynthia wrote:
He kept complaining that "no one wants to open for Travis because they have to drive from city to city themselves." He sounded all put-out and grumpy about it. It's an industry where you should expect to pay your dues and be grateful for the breaks you get, you know? *sigh*

No one? Really? I saw him and his guitarist driving off in a SAAB so it's not like they are suffering! I'm sure it can get tiring doing that but yeah, suck it up dude.

audrey
audrey Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 11:48 AM Quote
Cynthia wrote:
Katherine wrote:
So, can we all agree the opener for the US tour blows? *nods*

John Paul White wasn't my cup of tea either. His family (extended - uncle and aunt, cousins maybe, etc.) were waiting in line in front of us outside the Vic and at one point John came out to talk to them. He kept complaining that "no one wants to open for Travis because they have to drive from city to city themselves." He sounded all put-out and grumpy about it. It's an industry where you should expect to pay your dues and be grateful for the breaks you get, you know? *sigh*

his family was complaining because they didnt have the guest list ready for them when they were letting people in too. i was in the same boat because i was waiting for a press pass and i told them to just wait that theyd have it in a few minutes. i was a little miffed too, but i wasnt throwing a hissy fit.
his uncle tried to hand me a card with his myspace addy.. i told him id already see it and he said you aint seen nothin like this... and i said, yeah actually i have. twice in new york last weekend. ahhaahha

eliza
eliza Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 2:11 PM Quote
i miss you, L.

Katherine
Katherine Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 2:52 PM Quote
eliza wrote:
i miss you, L.

Ohhh, I miss you to, E!!

How was the ATL Travis concert?

eliza
eliza Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 3:48 PM Quote
Katherine wrote:
eliza wrote:
i miss you, L.

Ohhh, I miss you to, E!!

How was the ATL Travis concert?

it was beyond words. love every single moment of it. it had been too long. i almost forgot what that felt like. im so happy.

Cynthia
Cynthia Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 11:10 PM Quote
[/quote]
his uncle tried to hand me a card with his myspace addy.. i told him id already see it and he said you aint seen nothin like this... and i said, yeah actually i have. twice in new york last weekend. ahhaahha [/quote]

hahaha That's hilarious! His uncle tried to sell us extra tickets they had. . . and we were kind of like, um, yeah, we wouldn't be lining up 4 hours early if we didn't already have tickets. . .

isma
isma Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 11:29 PM Quote
Katherine ! Nice to see ya here! Woohoo!

I miss you too . How's life ? :-)

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Tue 31 Jul, 2007 10:18 PM Quote
Miss L; you have just come back to board only to show off your Chicago gig, haven't you? :-P

Miss ya!!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:23 AM