Travis

A Travisy Movie Night
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 4:41 PM Quote
I'm going to rent some movies tonight and since Fran is always talking about Wim Wenders I figured I should check out "Paris, Texas." After all, the band was named after a character in the film. I think I'll rent "Wings of Desire" while I'm at it since I've never seen that one either! Oh! And I know that Dougie's wife is an actress but could someone please tell me what her name is? I'm going to check IMDB and see what movies she's been in that I could rent. :O)

Thanks!!

Re: A Travisy Movie Night
Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 4:50 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I'm going to rent some movies tonight and since Fran is always talking about Wim Wenders I figured I should check out "Paris, Texas." After all, the band was named after a character in the film. I think I'll rent "Wings of Desire" while I'm at it since I've never seen that one either! Oh! And I know that Dougie's wife is an actress but could someone please tell me what her name is? I'm going to check IMDB and see what movies she's been in that I could rent. :O)

Dougies's wife is called Kelly MacDonald and she was in Trainspotting.

Thanks!!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 4:54 PM Quote
Oh cool! Thanks!

beatlejenn
beatlejenn Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 10:05 PM Quote
I really love her in Gosford Park. She's in Nanny McPhee too. And won a Golden Globe for The Girl in the Cafe. She's a fantastic actress...in loads of other things...

loria
loria Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 11:03 PM Quote
Kelly is an amazing actress, I really recommend Gosford Park as my favourite of hers.

Anything by Wenders is amazing. Paris, Texas, Wings of Desire, Far Away So Close, Kings of the Road, Buena Vista Social Club ... all are amazing but my absolute favourite is the very long and very awesome Until the End of the World. It's not for everyone, that's for sure, but I was in high school when it came out and I bought the soundtrack because it sounded so cool two full years before I finally saw the movie.

I just wish it would come out on DVD here in the States...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 30 Jul, 2007 12:10 AM Quote
beatlejenn wrote:
I really love her in Gosford Park. She's in Nanny McPhee too. And won a Golden Globe for The Girl in the Cafe. She's a fantastic actress...in loads of other things...

She is really good. I told Dougie I thought his wife was the cutest thing ever and he agreed.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 01 Aug, 2007 8:04 PM Quote
I gave Fran my copy of Rushmore when i met them in dallas....haha...just in case they got bored...

...Dougie told Sandy and I that Kelly's in the new Coen Bros movie and it's brilliant! can't wait to see it...love the coen's, love Kelly...thought she was great in: The Girl in the Cafe....

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:56 AM