Travis

The Boy With No DVD
neverAcquiesce
neverAcquiesce Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 3:48 PM Quote
So there's live concert discs for the last two albums. Does this trend continue?

Also want to add that I'm definitely a new fan, having just discovered the band roughly three months ago, and I feel like this is the music I've been searching my whole life for. (Cue overly dramatic music.) And since I know the band frequents the site I want to let them, and all of you know that here is yet another footsoldier in Travis' quest to conquer America.

Cheers, and whatnot.

Re: The Boy With No DVD
beatlejenn
beatlejenn Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 4:26 PM Quote
I'm hoping that's a trend...but we'll see!

Part of the joy of "discovering" a band that's been around a while is in going back through the catalogue and finding it studded with gems...there's such a wealth of good music to be savored there! I realized last night, after Fran said in Houston that they'd recorded about 140 songs, that I'm still almost 50 songs short of having everything they've put out. I have a lot of exploring to do myself! Glad you're here.

PictureInWhite
PictureInWhite Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 5:57 PM Quote
When I first heard them nearly 7 years ago, I felt the exact same way...like I was just waiting for this to come into my life...it's been love ever since...

I live in Des Moines, Iowa, and I've been hearing 'Closer' on one of our local radio stations nearly every day, so if we play it, I could heard it played all across the States someday soon, and not just on the coasts (and sleepy little midwestern hamlets lol)...*fingers crossed*

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 6:44 PM Quote
neverAcquiesce wrote:
I feel like this is the music I've been searching my whole life for.

Great way to put it. I totally felt the same way when I first discovered Travis back in the day.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 8:52 PM Quote
neverAcquiesce wrote:
So there's live concert discs for the last two albums

Last 3 albums... ;)

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2007 8:54 PM Quote
neverAcquiesce wrote:
I feel like this is the music I've been searching my whole life for.

I second that :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:38 AM