Travis

Chocolate biscuits???
smh
smh Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 1:29 AM Quote
I laughed hysterically when I heard this line. Can some one please tell a silly American what in the world a chocolate biscuit is? I assume it's some sort of cookie or treat?

Re: Chocolate biscuits???
loria
loria Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 1:36 AM Quote
some of my favourite chocolate biscuits are Hob Nobs!

http://www.britsuperstore.com/acatalog/Mcvities_Chocolate_Hobnob_Tube_250g.jpg

You can get them in lots of places here in the States - here in Michigan I've been able to get them at World Market and Meijer stores.

Of course, Jaffa Cakes are Cakes, not biscuits, right? ;)

kevinnn
kevinnn Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 1:57 AM Quote
a chocolate biscuit, is a biscuit made of chocolate.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 2:24 AM Quote
smh wrote:
I laughed hysterically when I heard this line. Can some one please tell a silly American what in the world a chocolate biscuit is? I assume it's some sort of cookie or treat?

Biscuit = cookie. Also, crisps = chips, chips = fries. There are loads of other terms but the crisp/chips thing trips up a lot of Americans.

smh
smh Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 2:26 AM Quote
Kevinnn: Thanks for the very helpful response. In the U.S. a biscuit is a piece of bread you eat for breakfast so you can see my confusion as to what a chocolate one is. Bread is made of dough and chocolate is not a type of dough. Therefore, a biscuit cannot be made of chocolate. Chew on that one, you comedic genius.

smh
smh Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 2:27 AM Quote
thank you wierdmominaustin. I assumed it was some sort of cookie or something, just had never heard the term before. Thank you.

PictureInWhite
PictureInWhite Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 2:46 AM Quote
mmm, Hob Knobs...just picked up another tube of those at the British Pub in Minneapolis yesterday before the show...though when I was in London, my favourite was the Leipzig (sp?) dark choccy ones...*drools ala Homer Simpson*

emma10
emma10 Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 9:05 AM Quote
Bourbons are the best!

caz b
caz b Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 12:12 PM Quote
loria wrote:
some of my favourite chocolate biscuits are Hob Nobs!

http://www.britsuperstore.com/acatalog/Mcvities_Chocolate_Hobnob_Tube_250g.jpg

You can get them in lots of places here in the States - here in Michigan I've been able to get them at World Market and Meijer stores.

Jaffa Cakes are really biscuits but have a spongy bottom with an orangy bit and then choc on top (not that I'm a biscuit expert!)but I do have a supply to eat when using my Selfish Jean mug just to be authentic!

Of course, Jaffa Cakes are Cakes, not biscuits, right? ;)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 2:59 PM Quote
smh wrote:
thank you wierdmominaustin. I assumed it was some sort of cookie or something, just had never heard the term before. Thank you.

You're welcome. Sometimes you just need a straight answer. : )

lizbeth0619
lizbeth0619 Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 10:01 PM Quote
OMG....I'm so glad this question has been asked and replied too. I am also silly American who was a tad confused. I knew biscuit had to be similiar to a cookie....but jaffa cake?? I had no idea and with my purchase of the Jaffa Cake tee after a concert I was not prepared to answer any questions on that.

Thank you! :)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 24 Jul, 2007 10:07 PM Quote
smh wrote:
Kevinnn: Thanks for the very helpful response. In the U.S. a biscuit is a piece of bread you eat for breakfast so you can see my confusion as to what a chocolate one is. Bread is made of dough and chocolate is not a type of dough. Therefore, a biscuit cannot be made of chocolate. Chew on that one, you comedic genius.

Oooh! Touchy ;)

A 'biscuit' is a 'cookie' in American i guess, so just imagine a chocolate covered cookie??? Not for UK people though, because a biscuit and a cookie are different here. It's a tough one, i'll give you that!

He should have just written "you keep the Tunnocks Caramels wired to a car alarm", and avoided all confusion! :D

kevinnn
kevinnn Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 12:20 AM Quote
smh wrote:

hahaha, calm down you crazy yank

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 1:24 AM Quote
lizbeth0619 wrote:
OMG....I'm so glad this question has been asked and replied too. I am also silly American who was a tad confused. I knew biscuit had to be similiar to a cookie....but jaffa cake?? I had no idea and with my purchase of the Jaffa Cake tee after a concert I was not prepared to answer any questions on that.

Thank you! :)

Though there is a great debate on whether Jaffa Cakes are biscuits/cookies or cakes. I advise you avoid the debate. It's fierce

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 6:00 PM Quote
HAHAHAH! I don't know why but this thread really CRACKED me up...! Thanks guys...class as per!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:17 AM