Travis

Childline gears up for greaving Potter Fans
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 21 Jul, 2007 8:11 PM Quote
" ChildLine has announced that it will be laying on extra staff to cope with an expected surge in calls from grief-stricken fans.

The helpline, which offers a free and confidential 24-hour counselling service to children and young people, has asked its volunteers to take on extra shifts over the coming days, on the grounds that the death of a well-loved character could spark feelings of "loss and bereavement" among younger readers. Waterstone's, which is hosting a glittering launch party at its flagship store on Piccadilly this evening, is making a donation to ChildLine to help alleviate the burden of the anticipated increase in caller numbers."

*Ah ermm* Any weenies about feeling morbid?

Article continues

Re: Childline gears up for greaving Potter Fans
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sat 21 Jul, 2007 10:04 PM Quote
this is mental

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 21 Jul, 2007 10:07 PM Quote
It's completely out of hand. For material which is largely plagiarised from other books, it's stupid to get so excited about something which is so highly unoriginal! And the media don't help stop it either- they're fuelling a needless fire.

Then again, that's the case with most things that are popular these days...

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 21 Jul, 2007 10:49 PM Quote
Guess both of you have missed my point .........Not to worry .....I'm sure hes having the last laugh!!!

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 8:26 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
It's completely out of hand. For material which is largely plagiarised from other books, it's stupid to get so excited about something which is so highly unoriginal! And the media don't help stop it either- they're fuelling a needless fire.

Then again, that's the case with most things that are popular these days...

Just out of shear curiousity...
Which books are plagiarised by J.K. Rowling?

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 4:54 PM Quote
Plenty. The whole idea has been done a hundred times, notably by The Worst Witch series of books. And there are others- i'm not the literary sort, but i believe what the literary sort have told me (ie. not going to argue with my Sister's degree from Cambridge in English Literature!!) haha

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 5:03 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Plenty. The whole idea has been done a hundred times, notably by The Worst Witch series of books. And there are others- i'm not the literary sort, but i believe what the literary sort have told me (ie. not going to argue with my Sister's degree from Cambridge in English Literature!!) haha

oh you selfish jean, saving your butt from your sisters reprimandes, lol
(believe me if my sister had an English literature degree, you wouldn't have heard me either, fortunately i don't have a sister but a firefighting brother)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 5:12 PM Quote
Haha. Well my sister wouldn't argue with me about Politics or Sociology, what with my new degree and all ;) although she'd probably have a case if she did, cos i really don't have a clue about most of it!! lol

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 5:17 PM Quote
Well isn't that what working experience is for? Learning it all in "real life"?? lol
oh btw i read your "need to get something of my chest" post on my space (commented too).

and a good tip for a happy-feel cd: ALO "Fly between falls" or "Roses and Clover"

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:52 PM