Travis

has reality television had its day?
Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 8:04 PM Quote
we all know in the uk that the next big brother gets underway on 30th may 2007, will u be watching it? to b honest i certainly wont after the embarrasment that jade n co caused this country with her racist outbursts and they were racist. how can anyone call "big Brother" intresting television i certainly will not be watching that tripe on telly, but my arguement is that has reality tv met its end? u tell me? and will u b watching big brother wen it begins on 30th may here in the uk?

Re: has reality television had its day?
threeamigos
threeamigos Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 8:06 PM Quote
i think i will watch them all going in and thats about it

Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 8:07 PM Quote
whats ur betting they will all b mad, wanting to bonk each other, i bet there deliberately put housemates in that wont like each other

Andrew
Andrew Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 8:12 PM Quote
Travis Rocker wrote:
i bet there deliberately put housemates in that wont like each other

That's how you make it entertaining. If they all sat about having nice chats and getting on for 12 weeks it would be even more dull than it already is.

I don't think I need to state my opinion of it, other than surprise that it's back so soon after the celebrity version fiasco. I had kind of hoped that might have been the final nail in the coffin

threeamigos
threeamigos Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 8:13 PM Quote
You know there has to be a couple of weirdos to keep the public watching, they will have to pull out all the stops this time to make it interesting

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 8:16 PM Quote

I really fucking hope so. I have never seen Big Brother and I don't plan on doing so now.

Reality TV is an excuse for lazy fucking tv execs to make money without spending too much or coming up with insightful or decent programming the whole of television has suffered because of reality Tv. And the public are just as bad sitting there being spoon fed this diet of sh!te and loving every sing bite. It's fucking gossip and trash, "oh did you see what arsehole no.1 said/did to Arsheole no.2 last night" Who honestly gives a fuck about these braindead non-entities, I feel sorry for a society who can build up a celeb like Jade Goody just to crush her when she does something they don't agree with, You lot created the monster, you sick fucks.

Big Brother started years ago in Holland as a social experiment, It no longer has any value. It can't teach us anything.

Young people watch this crap and think that is a socially acceptable way to behave. No wonder the world is such a mess, I hope you are all proud of yourselves

1/3 of Suggestive Leg
1/3 of Suggestive Leg Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 8:17 PM Quote
It's pretty horrible about the one in Australia where the girl's dad has died and no one's told her. Apparently the dad wanted it to be so, but that doesn't mean she'll be happy about it when she comes out. She's gonna miss the funeral.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 8:19 PM Quote
1/3 of Suggestive Leg wrote:
It's pretty horrible about the one in Australia where the girl's dad has died and no one's told her. Apparently the dad wanted it to be so, but that doesn't mean she'll be happy about it when she comes out. She's gonna miss the funeral.

See what I mean, This girl is gonna miss her father's funeral for a fucking game show, That is fucking sick

Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 8:24 PM Quote
yup that is sick i agree, they shuold make an exception and tell her shes gunna b devastated

Andrew
Andrew Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 8:34 PM Quote
So devastated that she went on a reality TV show when she knew her Dad was dying of cancer.

1/3 of Suggestive Leg
1/3 of Suggestive Leg Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 8:39 PM Quote
Harsh. What if she wanted to win the money to spend on his treatment? [/jeremy kyle special]

Andrew
Andrew Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 8:41 PM Quote
Either way it's a non-story.

She agreed beforehand that she wasn't to be informed.

Her family (inculding her father) agreed beforehand she wasn't to be informed.

But the public who don't know this girl or her family think she should be.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 8:44 PM Quote
Andrew wrote:
So devastated that she went on a reality TV show when she knew her Dad was dying of cancer.

Yeah I can just imagine the conversation in that house... "Sit Down we've something to tell you, your Dad's dying of cancer"... "Aww for fuck sake I've been just been accepted for Big Brorther, Dad your such a selfish wanker"

and there are better ways to raise money

1/3 of Suggestive Leg
1/3 of Suggestive Leg Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 8:44 PM Quote
Break the news on the show. Up the ratings.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 8:46 PM Quote
Andrew wrote:
Either way it's a non-story.

She agreed beforehand that she wasn't to be informed.

Her family (inculding her father) agreed beforehand she wasn't to be informed.

But the public who don't know this girl or her family think she should be.

I agree but it does raise a question about the maorals or ethics of this particular family ??

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:59 PM