Travis

How to convince your parents that ...
ayana
ayana Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 6:13 PM Quote
they should let you go on your own to Paris, for a gig of a band you've already seen, 3 days before the exams, and that you'll probably meet some people you only know thanks to the Internet ? I need arguments and I can't think about anything http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/traviscam/Smileys/smilie22.gif
I so want to go !

Re: How to convince your parents that ...
Baby Fran
Baby Fran Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 6:23 PM Quote
That its an educational visit enabling you to pass exams!

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 6:24 PM Quote
Try to make them remember the way they feel when they were 17 =P

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 6:37 PM Quote
make a dramatic scene, cry like a baby and tell them "please?"
http://www.zonalibre.org/blog/imsomnio/archives/moixet.JPG

Andrew
Andrew Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 6:41 PM Quote
The exams are the most important thing so make sure and show them how you'll be able to go to the gig AND be ready for your exams.

...as for meeting folk you only know off the internet, from experience parents are difficult to talk round when it comes to that. Especially if your parents don't use the internet all that much themselves and get most of their opinions from the scare stories of weirdos from online in the media. Is there nobody else from home that could go with you?

Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 6:43 PM Quote
if it were me id rather go with sumone else i knew wen travelling abroad but myself im a good independent traveller so wud b ok 4 me if i had to go alone, that doesnt really help u much tho

ayana
ayana Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 7:07 PM Quote
So finally, the best way is to prove them that my revisions are done for all the subjects ...
And of course harrassing them :)

No one wants to come with me cause
1. They don't like rock in general
2. They don't know Travis
3. They want to revise their exams

And for meeting some strangers, well I've already done that and it went well. It's just a shame I "forgot" to tell my parents ...

Thanks, will do my best to make it !

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 7:08 PM Quote
ayana wrote:
they should let you go on your own to Paris, for a gig of a band you've already seen, 3 days before the exams, and that you'll probably meet some people you only know thanks to the Internet ? I need arguments and I can't think about anything http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/traviscam/Smileys/smilie22.gif
I so want to go !

How about - I will promise to pass if I go and i promise to fail if I dont ....or Heads or tails? I will mow the lawn for the next 2 years or just slip out the window anyway and leave a pillow in your bed ( I did that once - they get over it!) :)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 7:12 PM Quote
I wouldn't let my daughter do such a thing on her own so i'd go with her.

1/3 of Suggestive Leg
1/3 of Suggestive Leg Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 7:17 PM Quote
ayana wrote:
And for meeting some strangers, well I've already done that and it went well. It's just a shame I "forgot" to tell my parents ...

Tell them you're meeting people you met at a gig. Don't mention you previously met them online. Unless it's the first time you're meeting them, you'll need to tell someone just in case they're crazed axe wielding psychos.

I'm seeing Travis on Sunday, 2 days before an exam and then again on Tuesday 2 days before another exam! Just try to be ready, and look knowledgable at your parents.

ayana
ayana Posted Fri 25 May, 2007 7:48 PM Quote
First try : "yeah but ... no" lol
It wasn't a definitive "no" though. I'm gonna let them think about it and try again tomorrow.

And Abs, we've already met last September at la FĂȘte de l'HumanitĂ© :oP

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:36 AM